Hi folks, 

Although  I have a windscreen  cover from my insurer, is there anything specific  that I should know? Insurance will be renewed  in August. I read that there is a specific  windscreen  for e60. Some kind of thinner coat near the rear view mirror  for the tag readers for the toll roads for example... Maybe there are a UV or anti reflection covered one as well? 

20180608_130635.jpg

Did you have this replaced? Mine is scratched beyond belief and is really annoying me, i have heard horror stories about insurance companies replacing with aftermarket cheap screens. Tell tail sign no green sun tint at the top 

You can ask for windscreen company to order in a genuine screen. Shouldn't cost more than the stated excess.

I have seen lots of stories of extra charges on top of excess for OEM. So you can demand genuine? 

It has bothered me for a while as if I modify my car i need to tell them and pay more but the can supply a non factory part and it is ok. I get the fact its not in the same league as performance or styling mods but not OEM all the same. 

I am going to call my insurance company then and see if i can arrange a genuine replacement. 

Do you or anyone know if i will be charged for a new windscreen rubber bead? My top rubber appears very cracked and I doubt it would be up to removal and re fitting 

7 hours ago, L88AGC123 said:

I have seen lots of stories of extra charges on top of excess for OEM. So you can demand genuine? 

It has bothered me for a while as if I modify my car i need to tell them and pay more but the can supply a non factory part and it is ok. I get the fact its not in the same league as performance or styling mods but not OEM all the same. 

I am going to call my insurance company then and see if i can arrange a genuine replacement. 

Do you or anyone know if i will be charged for a new windscreen rubber bead? My top rubber appears very cracked and I doubt it would be up to removal and re fitting 

They bring a new surround, not sure about the top bead but go buy one from the dealer and bung the fitter a tenner to do it with the screen, beer money gets most little things like this done ;)