Sign in to follow this  
BFleming

F11 525d DDE Error Code 0x260100

So my newly acquired 525d (2.0, 2013) is showing one error code, which I've read using INPA and Ediabas. The Ediabas code reads 0x260100 - Exhaust Temperature Sensor after EGR Cooler, Signal intermittent or short circuit to Plus (P040D).

Looking at RealOEM I can see 3 exhaust gas temperature sensors, one near/on the mainfold (?) one on top of the DPF & one lower down. This is the DPF on RealOEM: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=XB32-EUR-02-2013-F11-BMW-525d&diagId=13_1494

So parts 10, 13 and 14 are temperature sensors, with part 14 being the one furthest upstream. What are people's thoughts?

Many thanks.

Edited by BFleming

Done that, cleared everything & started afresh & this is the only recurring one. It looks like the temp sensor near the EGR on the inlet manifold, so I'll replace it in a couple of weeks (away with work currently).

The only diagnostics I've done is using Ediabas to read codes. No other diagnostics though. NewTIS gives some info about reading resistance levels, and I suppose now I'm into reading them for all the temperature sensors, not just the one I've changed.