Sign in to follow this  
GBS

E39 525i Individual 37k

The fuck is it with the prices currently

Looks a nice car; paintwork looks like it needs a lot of good attention

Might be low mileage and have an individual interior, but for me, there's no way in hell it's worth north of £7k... £5k maybe, it's still a 525i, not a 530i/540i etc :roll: 

Dreamer price IMO... For that budget, I'd be hanging fire for a very well looked after 540i or would consider getting one imported in!

Your telling me, I've been looking for a nice 530i/540i for about 4 months, checking everyday!

Maybe the prices of these cars are genuinely going up, with the 530i/540i sports in great condition selling for higher prices. E.G Japanese 540i went for 7k on ebay, old colonel cars 530i that he had for 10k getting sold fairly quick.

I would look at importing but seems too much work and I know nothing about it, I'd rather someone else import and I pay the odds :D

15 minutes ago, GBS said:

Your telling me, I've been looking for a nice 530i/540i for about 4 months, checking everyday!

Maybe the prices of these cars are genuinely going up, with the 530i/540i sports in great condition selling for higher prices. E.G Japanese 540i went for 7k on ebay, old colonel cars 530i that he had for 10k getting sold fairly quick.

I would look at importing but seems too much work and I know nothing about it, I'd rather someone else import and I pay the odds :D

Importing is very easy TBH... You speak to an experienced car importer; tell them the spec, choice of colours and engine you'd like and they do the rest for you

That's where their fees come into play really!

Don't be put off by it; speak to a few folk about it and see what they can do for you

IMO; for the prices they fetch, I'd be looking at a minimum of a 540i or M5 at the budgets/prices you see, otherwise I don't think you'd get your monies worth or resale value etc

Interior looks great but Carbon Black has to be detailed to perfection to look its best. My old CB e39 M5 was a royal PITA to keep clean and I vowed never again to entertain the colour.

530i minimum in an e39 IMO especially with a slushbox. The 2.5 is underpowered and thirstier than the 3.0 too.

C.

21 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Importing is very easy TBH... You speak to an experienced car importer; tell them the spec, choice of colours and engine you'd like and they do the rest for you

That's where their fees come into play really!

Don't be put off by it; speak to a few folk about it and see what they can do for you

IMO; for the prices they fetch, I'd be looking at a minimum of a 540i or M5 at the budgets/prices you see, otherwise I don't think you'd get your monies worth or resale value etc

Any idea where I can find a experienced importer to do this for me? I know places like GMS Cars import but they sell themselves rather than source for other people.

5 minutes ago, cableguy said:

Interior looks great but Carbon Black has to be detailed to perfection to look its best. My old CB e39 M5 was a royal PITA to keep clean and I vowed never again to entertain the colour.

530i minimum in an e39 IMO especially with a slushbox. The 2.5 is underpowered and thirstier than the 3.0 too.

C.

I prefer the Metallic Black myself, pain to keep clean but when it is I think it's the best color :)

Aye; as @cableguy said; black is a bloody nightmare. My car does my head in every day :lol: Just such a PITA to keep clean. As soon as it's washed and polished, it's dusty/dirty looking again :angry: next car I go for will be silver or grey (maybe blue)

My slate green 530i was a pleasure to wash & polish, it never looked dirty! :roll: 

Do some research on Japanese Car Importers on Google and see what it brings up. I used DCY in York a lot in my Honda days, but not sure if they deal with BMWs etc