Calypso-E34

39000 mile 1991 BMW Alpina B12 850i Coupe

WOW! 

Thats not for the car, that’s for the price! :shock:

I suppose it’s worth £90k to someone? 

He’s got a lot of scrap for a lot of cash....

£70k for a 1974 Range Rover :shock: 

This car has been in the trade for at least a couple of years and the price has risen considerably in that time.

Lovely looking rare car with low miles.

C.

11 minutes ago, cableguy said:

This car has been in the trade for at least a couple of years and the price has risen considerably in that time.

It is possibly going to need an element of re-commissioning then - including some replacement bushes here and there.  Sitting around unused won't be good for that at all. Ideally, you'd want it all checked over to ensure that all the Alpina stuff was still there.  It had shocks replaced a while back for example.

I love these cars, but a well kept 840 Ci Sport in a nice colour would satisfy my desire to own one at perhaps 15 - 25% of the price of this one.  I have driven an 840, and I can't think that I'd ever really have much use for more power than that thing had!

Edited by Calypso-E34

It started off at low twenties and four Traders later, including Sytners, reached Glasgow and £90k. There's a thread on the Alpina Register where a few people spotted it and detailed all the price rises.

It's a Sytner made car with the same 350bhp engine that was in the E32 B12 5.0. A Buchloe made B12 5.7 Coupe, one of just four known right hand drive cars made £63k ish at auction last year, so I'm a little lost how this car has found this price point.

There’s a 1986 E28 528i on eBay. It’s been there for probably 10 years plus with a price tag of £12500.00.  Been off the road since 2002.

no idea what his game is, but it’s not selling cars. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F271657086284

44 minutes ago, Calypso-E34 said:

no idea what his game is, but it’s not selling cars. 

It seems he’s found a niche in the market....

https://www.knightcottmotors.co.uk/

it looks like he sells model vans and pick ups and the odd bit of scrap as well....

:shock:

I went and had a look at that e28 in 2013 when it was priced at £8950. I found the manner of the proprietor quite unnerving. Can’t put my finger on it but he seemed to invade my personal space somewhat, and I found myself looking for the nearest exit. The car didn’t appear to have moved for a long time and in my view would be a nightmare to own. The issues would just keep coming no matter how much money you threw at it. It’s been on 12.5k for 3 or 4 years now, so is probably due for a hike. Any bets on what his new price would be?! My guess would be circa 20k.