Hybrid5

MY 2019 changes - what we know so far

Production for the 5 series MY 2019 will start in July (week 27) see attached pdf.  (and my 530e M-sport happens to have build-week 27 :D )

what I "know" so far:

* petrol engines will get a particulate filter

WLTP co2 figures for the 530e jump from 44-49gr to 47-52gr (most will have 49gr, 52gr is only with certain 20" wheels)

* The chrome rings on the full digital 6WB cluster will be gone (except for the M5), the dials will remain the same (assuming for now, perhaps later this year an over the air update will come available to change the dials to the new style dials as in the new X5?)

* The chrome doorhandle-inserts are removed even in combination with ambient-light ... good news for those with shadowline

* extra exterior colour available: frozen grey

If somebody has additional info, feel free to share here :)

2019MY_Production_Info.pdf

Edited by Hybrid5

9 minutes ago, Hybrid5 said:

* The chrome rings on the full digital 6WB cluster will be gone (except for the M5), the dials will remain the same (assuming for now, perhaps later this year an over the air update will come available to change the dials to the new style dials as in the new X5?)

Very interesting that! Wonder if old models will get the same...

Edited by sjak92

20 hours ago, Hybrid5 said:

Production for the 5 series MY 2019 will start in July (week 27) see attached pdf.  (and my 530e M-sport happens to have build-week 27 :D )

what I "know" so far:

* petrol engines will get a particulate filter

WLTP co2 figures for the 530e jump from 44-49gr to 47-52gr (most will have 49gr, 52gr is only with certain 20" wheels)

* The chrome doorhandle-inserts are removed even in combination with ambient-light ... good news for those with shadowline

* extra exterior colour available: frozen grey

If somebody has additional info, feel free to share here :)

2019MY_Production_Info.pdf

Have they fixed the pano roof problem ???? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Back2Beemer said:

Hmm interesting! I actually quite like the chrome bits on the door handles / side vents on mine, it breaks up the very dark Sophisto Grey well I think.

I also liked (and preferred) the chrome bits on the door handles, certainly on the darker colors and in combination with chrome or aluminium window trim, if I do end up getting a MY2019 perhaps I can trade them with somebody who doesn't like the chrome :)

Glad the side vents will still be in the same finish as the window-trim

Edited by Hybrid5

2 hours ago, jake13 said:

I knew this was coming, who's laughing now :lol:.

Everyone knew this was happening, but no one really cares, S500s have had GPFs fitted for about 4 years with no issues whatsoever.

I know my 530e M Sport Plus hasn't been built yet but there is still another month. If you get a pre MY 2019 would I be right to assume it would still come through on the lower emissions?

On one hand it would be nice to get the new model year but on the other the lower emissions will mean less company car tax and possibly the 20'' alloys put it in the next bracket

14 hours ago, Andrew530dmsport said:

Have they fixed the pano roof problem ???? :rolleyes:

Only the ‘Nissan’ version :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Bluemoon68 said:

I know my 530e M Sport Plus hasn't been built yet but there is still another month. If you get a pre MY 2019 would I be right to assume it would still come through on the lower emissions?

On one hand it would be nice to get the new model year but on the other the lower emissions will mean less company car tax and possibly the 20'' alloys put it in the next bracket

I would think the pre MY 2019 will still have the slightly lower emissions (on paper)

only if you go for the wheel codes 931 or 9WR (those are not the 20" styling 759) you end up with the highest co2, in case of the 530e that will be 52

all other codes will result in 49gr, except for the (small/narrow) 23F, 23U and 27C wheels it will be at 47gr

For me its important the co2 stays below 50, originally was 46 but might end up being 49, so still fine with me.

Another 2019 feature will be the "digital key", so you can unlock the car with NFC
not sure if this will be a standard feature 

Yes :)

All g30's that are built starting 07/2018 are MY 2019 ... well apparently they started in the last week of june already.

The first MY 2019 cars are being delivered so if yours isn't due for delivery until the end of september it will certainly be a MY 2019 ...

too bad the chrome bits are gone in the door-handles, I started to like them.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:08 AM, Bluemoon68 said:

Thanks Hybrid5, I have 20’’ styling 759 alloys, being below 50gr.is important so with that news let’s hope they keep mine down the list until week 27  :)

Looks like deliveries of the WLTP 'ready' 530e's are being delayed.   There was a report that in The Netherlands they were unable to deliver 530e until at least august 20th because the paperwork isn't ready yet.

I just checked with my dealer in the UK and he comfirmed (with a screenshot) that my 530e is being held in production for this reason. (well assembly was completed first week of july).

Can't tell if it's actually a MY2019, but shows an option "zo2: Model Year CO2 Change"

New expected delivery is first week of september ... ugh :)

Am another one that likes the chrome on the handles, mine was a June build but I think it adds a little class esp when the door lights are on in the evening.

Got my new 530d last week from dealer stock, manufactured date is July 19. There is no chrome on the door handles or chrome rings on the inst panel. I can’t spot any other changes apart from the two extra cylinders and the lovely sound they make,  compared to my 520d G30. Oh, and the extra grunt from the 3 litre which just makes me smile!

On 8/4/2018 at 7:53 PM, Gazzad64 said:

Got my new 530d last week from dealer stock, manufactured date is July 19. There is no chrome on the door handles or chrome rings on the inst panel. I can’t spot any other changes apart from the two extra cylinders and the lovely sound they make,  compared to my 520d G30. Oh, and the extra grunt from the 3 litre which just makes me smile!

it is a stunning engine isn't it, in so many ways :)

21 hours ago, TheDarkLord said:

Good news about the chrome rings going from the instruments.  Looked a bit naff and limited over air update flexibility.

I actually like the rings, they add that 3D effect and illumination bounces off nicely at night. 

Ive heardbthat despite the full led panel, you won’t be able to upgrade to the new cluster as in the new 8 Seeies and X5 without swapping out the entire iDrive so no updating capabilities in it. I presume it’s just to decrease manufacturing costs

13 hours ago, sjak92 said:

I actually like the rings, they add that 3D effect and illumination bounces off nicely at night. 

Ive heardbthat despite the full led panel, you won’t be able to upgrade to the new cluster as in the new 8 Seeies and X5 without swapping out the entire iDrive so no updating capabilities in it. I presume it’s just to decrease manufacturing costs

I doubt they would/could bring out a software update to create some form of virtual cockpit like an Audi. I believe, and I may be wrong, that generally updates for a model must be able to be applied to all earlier model years. If it's for a G30, it must work on all G30's...

14 minutes ago, Monkeyfinger said:

I doubt they would/could bring out a software update to create some form of virtual cockpit like an Audi. I believe, and I may be wrong, that generally updates for a model must be able to be applied to all earlier model years. If it's for a G30, it must work on all G30's...

Correct. It will be rather annoying that a "lesser" 3 series will have better tech so soon after the 5 was released.