BFleming

New F11 owner

Evening all! I picked up a new (well, new to me) F11 over the weekend. It's a 525d finished in Tiefseeblau Metallic with Oyster leather. It's a 2013 model (Feb 2013 build) so the 2.0 lump and 218bhp (or so). Nice spec too: auto, pan roof, comfort seats & adaptive suspension. It's a superb drive, and takes some getting used to after my last car (E90 320d ed).

So far it's had a clean, service and a small play with Carly (digital speedometer, start in ed mode and stop the passenger mirror dipping in reverse!). I also got my INPA working for the F-models. I've only been reading on there so far. I also have eSys from my wife's F20 should I need it for any coding that Carly doesn't do. The other thing I did was update the BMW connectivity software, and also put the latest maps on the nav, as it was running 2013 maps.

I'm not sure what my plans are for it (other than driving it of course). Some bigger wheels, probably 18's. I won't be lowering it. Maybe a reverse camera. But certainly a remap - I think I can get 270bhp then, which would be nice!

I want to get the transmission fluid changed too; there seem to be a lot of people doing it for £250 or so (or I could spend that on the materials myself, so I might as well let someone else do it).

Nice to have found this forum, it seems a bit more lively than some of the others!

Some pictures.

kCUgORz.jpg

cBrrWyG.jpg

UkcPeY1.jpg

CR1lqia.jpg

Ef7XI8R.jpg

Edited by BFleming
Remembered more stuff

Welcome - that's a great spec. Oyster/oyster is a rare interior option.

Here's one on 18"s for you:

P1020399.JPG

Looks lovely, an easier way to stop the mirror dipping in reverse is to select the n/s mirror on the selector. At least then you have the choice, I would be lost without auto dip in reverse. 

2 hours ago, sshooie said:

Looks lovely, an easier way to stop the mirror dipping in reverse is to select the n/s mirror on the selector. At least then you have the choice, I would be lost without auto dip in reverse. 

I had forgotten you could do that. I'll recode tomorrow & see how I fare. 

Thanks for the pics on 18's @E39mad that looks great. Something to aspire to for sure.

More mods to come I think. Paddle shifts on the M Sport steering wheel,dash cam... well that'll do for starters.

Thanks for the warm welcome!