Loadmaster

Interior Air Freshener

Any tips or recommendations for decent car air fresheners? I bought a California Scents one from ECP the other week and am a bit disappointed with it, particularly after they were recommend elsewhere online.

Cheers

I don't use a stand alone air freshener per se; I use this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-AG-205008-Autofresh-500ml/dp/B001151Z0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528014891&sr=8-1&keywords=autoglym+autofresh

Spray it on the carpets; under the floor mats and on the headliner and it makes the car smell really fresh and clean...

Lasts well too

^^^^^^

Cheers Dan.

A mate of mine says it has the smell of Japanese sex, bukkake and sushi all rolled into one. How he knows that, I'm really not sure. Then again, what really happened in my car in the back streets of Tokyo at night from time to time is anyone's guess! :o

It's basically a strong leather and general interior smell, which is gradually fading now the car is being used. Considering it sat stored and closed up for approaching two years, it's not surprising it smelt ' not fresh'. :ph34r:

That Autoglym product seems a good bet, I'll give it a bash.

Edited by Loadmaster

37 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

^^^^^^

Cheers Dan.

A mate of mine says it has the smell of Japanese sex, bukkake and sushi all rolled into one. How he knows that, I'm really not sure. Then again, what really happened in my car in the back streets of Tokyo at night from time to time is anyone's guess! :o

It's basically a strong leather and general interior smell, which is gradually fading now the car is being used. Considering it sat stored and closed up for approaching two years, it's not surprising it smelt ' not fresh'. :ph34r:

That Autoglym product seems a good bet, I'll give it a bash.

Yeah; a bit weird :lol: 

It'll probably smell a bit stale, as you said, it's been sat around for a good while. Might be worth getting the air con system refreshed too; or at least change the pollen filters in the engine bay etc

I've used these and at their price; I change them yearly: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crosland-Carbon-Activated-Pollen-Cabin-Filter-Fits-BMW-5-Series-E39-Inc-Touring/401445613758?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Plat_Gen%3AE39&epid=1539233813&hash=item5d7805f0be:g:3u0AAOSwBnZbC8PT

The Autoglym stuff is really good! It's good to use it liberally at first and give all the cloth material in the car a good covering; after that, it just needs to be used lightly :) 

9 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Yeah; a bit weird :lol: 

It'll probably smell a bit stale, as you said, it's been sat around for a good while. Might be worth getting the air con system refreshed too; or at least change the pollen filters in the engine bay etc

I've used these and at their price; I change them yearly: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crosland-Carbon-Activated-Pollen-Cabin-Filter-Fits-BMW-5-Series-E39-Inc-Touring/401445613758?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Plat_Gen%3AE39&epid=1539233813&hash=item5d7805f0be:g:3u0AAOSwBnZbC8PT

The Autoglym stuff is really good! It's good to use it liberally at first and give all the cloth material in the car a good covering; after that, it just needs to be used lightly :) 

Thanks Dan, the pollen filters were replaced last week during the oil service. Probably not that brand though.

For those of us with leather chairs, the only surfaces will be the carpet and mats for the Autoglym product I guess?   

15 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Thanks Dan, the pollen filters were replaced last week during the oil service. Probably not that brand though.

For those of us with leather chairs, the only surfaces will be the carpet and mats for the Autoglym product I guess?   

Headliner too... 

8 hours ago, pidgeonpost said:

Not seen the Autofresh before, but have been using this stuff for a few years. Pleasant sort of citrus smell. Came in handy on Friday when my wife got into her car with something very nasty on her trainers. :(

Thanks, seems very similar to the AG product that Dan linked above.  

cg-stripper-scent.jpg

I've used that for about a year now, love the smell. Leather, baby lotion, a little musty smoke and booze all rolled into one. Sounds horrible but try it, you can get sample bottles. A couple of sprays a week keep the car smelling lovely.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/air-fresheners/chemical-guys-stripper-scent/prod_1086.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1369

40 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

cg-stripper-scent.jpg

Leather, baby lotion, a little musty smoke and booze all rolled into one. 

Sounds like my morning breath....

Don't ask what I do to achieve that...

;) 

On 6/3/2018 at 9:35 AM, d_a_n1979 said:

I don't use a stand alone air freshener per se; I use this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-AG-205008-Autofresh-500ml/dp/B001151Z0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528014891&sr=8-1&keywords=autoglym+autofresh

Spray it on the carpets; under the floor mats and on the headliner and it makes the car smell really fresh and clean...

Lasts well too

Bought the AG stuff at the Bromley Pageant. The aroma of Japanese sex and bukkake is definitely fading away now... :lol:   

Edited by Loadmaster

1 hour ago, Loadmaster said:

Bought the AG stuff at the Bromley Pageant. The aroma of Japanese sex and bukkake is definitely fading away now... :lol:   

:shock::lol: