The wife has just taken her 330d f31 with 54000 on the clock for a minor service ie oil and filter, I suggested she have the micro filter done at the same time. She tried to call me as they got her to have the fuel system cleaner and a litre pack of oil in the boot for an extra £40. I've done a quick google search and the fuel system cleaner is just Chevron Techron anyone had this done, I suspect the dealership have up sold her.

PS the car has never used a drop of oil from new so why it needs a litre bottle in the boot?

Cheers

John

Check they actually put it in the boot.

Last time Halliwell Jones charged me for an unrequested top up bottle i insisted it was removed from the invoice. 

When I went to take the 530d away, blow me down, it wasnt even in the sodding car! 

As for fuel cleaner i reckon one in four tanks of V-power is worth it. 

Edited by SuperDave

Thanks for the tip , she's gone shopping but I'll check it's actually there. I phoned the service dept and the service manager isn't in, left instructions he phone me first thing Monday morning, should be a interesting conversation.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:45 AM, sshooie said:

I'd put a shiny pound on that he doesn't call you. 

Looks like you're a shiny pound up today. I've just phoned and asked when he goes home as I haven't heard from him and he's not in today. Someone will be calling me back soon though:rolleyes:

On 6/4/2018 at 7:34 PM, marquisofraspberry said:

Nope and when my wife rang and asked if the car was ready they said just washing it now, they hadn't cleaned it so shes due a complementary valet.

Oh dear, I can recommend a decent machine polisher to get rid of the scratches. 

Good result otherwise though. 

13 hours ago, marquisofraspberry said:

Probably the wrong section but talking of detailing, I used to use a guy in Newbury but have since moved. Can anyone recommend someone near Tenbury Wells. Worcestershire/Shropshire/Herefordshire borders?

Marquis, do you have the Newbury guys details - I'm Reading based and me leather needs looking at!

Yes, it's Detail My Car or DMC Newbury. They're obviously doing well for themselves as they have moved to bigger premises, They used to be near the race course which was handy for losing money, they are now on the old Greenham common site. Just google dmc newbury.