pug pug

new guy in town

hello people am new here to this site.sold my discover 3 and now I have a series 5 20 m sport. touring 2013 full bmw service 52000 miles its got a hell of a lot extras.tell me its a good car please!!! thanks Robert.

hello people. I live in leeds and am wanting a tow barr fitted,.will I do it my self or get tow barr fitters to do it as electrics are complicated.whats your thoughts!!!

My thought would be to stick it in the relevant section.....

;) 

but seems as you’re from Leeds, then everything is complicated for you lot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

only joking (not really ;) ) I’d tackle it myself but I can quite easily “install” something like this, so it depends on how confident you are really....

will the rear  bumper not require cutting etc.? 

On 5/29/2018 at 9:07 PM, pug pug said:

hello people. I live in leeds and am wanting a tow barr fitted,.will I do it my self or get tow barr fitters to do it as electrics are complicated.whats your thoughts!!!

You want a Westfalia detachable towbar and Westfalia electrics.  Towbar will cost £250-£300 and electrics £200.  Would cost another few hundred pounds to fit.

But it is an easy diy fit.  No need to cut the bumper, instead cut part 6 in this link.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=MX12-EUR-04-2013-F11-BMW-520d&diagId=51_8026

No need to code the Westfalia electrics to make them work either.

If you post in the F11 technical section you will get a few guys to help who have retro fitted a towbar to their F11.  I have fitted one to my dads F10, but its the same towbar and electrics.

Westfalia is the OEM towbar so you can't go wrong.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:26 PM, pug pug said:

tell me its a good car please!!! thanks Robert.

It is..........apart from dodgy air con condensers, rear air springs, egr valves, rust and the yellow grommet water leak source.