Sign in to follow this  
trenchy24

2001 E39 530i Auto

While i was having a breakdown about the state of my 39's rear arches and sills. (I think my words were "im breaking the ducking thing and buying a V8")

20180518_102932.thumb.jpg.ed0c27a4a987aca8346cd87dbd3ba9f7.jpg

I spotted this...

CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME

Its an hour up the road from me and i quite often pass the area on my way to work.

I see it as either being a total turd or a potential diamond after a bit of TLC

Thoughts?

Edited by trenchy24

Depending on the condition it could potentially have all the nice bits off my current 39.... then sell whats left...

Edited by trenchy24

Worth £500 easy enough

Like how he says it'll need to be recovered or taken away on a trailer/tow truck; but then states no work allowed onsite, even to connect a battery etc!

Most folk will need to do this to get it moving in the first place (to get the box into N) etc

Seller is a bit narrow-minded IMO

My biggest concern is that it's been sat for 4 years.. is it going to be in the same state as mine is?!...

The battery thing did make me chuckle...I would quite like to plug it into my laptop to check stuff before committing?! 

Has it got wet inside and killed something?

It isn't far from home, might be worth speaking to the bloke. 

It's 2 years newer, 50k miles lower then my current car. Oh and it's Petrol B) (I fancy a change from oil burning) 

2 hours ago, trenchy24 said:

My biggest concern is that it's been sat for 4 years.. is it going to be in the same state as mine is?!...

The battery thing did make me chuckle...I would quite like to plug it into my laptop to check stuff before committing?! 

Has it got wet inside and killed something?

It isn't far from home, might be worth speaking to the bloke. 

It's 2 years newer, 50k miles lower then my current car. Oh and it's Petrol B) (I fancy a change from oil burning) 

Ask questions, make him realise that what he's asking is nigh on impossible and then take it from there

Otherwise he's never gonna sell it and it'll rust/leak all over his drive!

You are supposed to say step away it'll be a dog.... I'm very very tempted. I'm probably looking at spending 500 to sort out my current issues anyway. So if the sills aren't falling out of it, it may well be an option.

Why couldn't it have been in Glasgow, out of the question then.