skeggy

Best places to sell......

After 9 years the time has come to let the old girl go! 

I have the car advertised on here, autotrader, gumtree and piston heads. Is there anywhere else anyone can recommend for selling m5's? I desperately trying to avoid eBay as don't want the hassle of silly offers and unrealistic px's

Deffo don't rule out eBay; it still has a huge market and viewings!

Stick it on as a classifieds ad (c£15 IIRC) and it'll be up for 30 days. People will need to email you then to discuss, rather than it being open to offers etc!

9/10 cars I've owned and sold have been via forums and eBay classifieds ad, Gumtree/PH and Autotrader (bloody expensive) don't work that well IMO

9 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Can I suggest refitting.chrome kidneys? I find it off putting on what seems a nice car.  

Each to their own though really...

I personally don't like the OEM chrome grilles; they look dated and stand out against the rest of the car with no other chrome parts etc

If you've still get them @skeggy; then include them in the sale and state that. But otherwise, I'd personally leave it as is

GLWTS - I like the price ;) Was it really 9yrs ago !!! ??

How about a few more shots of the inside of the car?

Dash, odometer, phone rest, boot, back seats etc.

Close up of the Nav Screen - gear knob, get a message up  in the dash display to reassure about the pixel repair...

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, d_a_n1979 said:

Each to their own though really...

I personally don't like the OEM chrome grilles; they look dated and stand out against the rest of the car with no other chrome parts etc

Thats the point surely .. to stand out from the rest of the car

You wouldnt wear a flesh coloured watch or ring .. its there as a feature i think

but if everyone was the same and all that

Edited by The Flying Banana

I'm not against personalisation just I feel if you are selling a car it can count against you. We all make arbitrary judgements and making the car appealing to masses is key to a sale. 

Box stock is generally what the market wants I feel. 

I like the look and sound of the car they just don't fit with my car criteria sadly. 

Why no e39 m5 touring :evil:

I agree with duncan; as stock as it can be will give the best chance of a sale (especially as everyone's now pointing out future classic potential [which remains to be seen]).

I almost did bite and see if an M5 could be for me :)

2 hours ago, Seesure said:

GLWTS - I like the price ;) Was it really 9yrs ago !!! ??

How about a few more shots of the inside of the car?

Dash, odometer, phone rest, boot, back seats etc.

Close up of the Nav Screen - gear knob, get a message up  in the dash display to reassure about the pixel repair...

I know, Scary how time flies! Ive got pics of all of the above (about 65 in total) but was struggling to upload all of them and didn't want it to be too pic heavy. I've been sending them to people who I've show interest. 

20180514_124223.jpg

20180514_124236.jpg

20180514_124227.jpg

I felt it was a pretty stock example bar the exhaust and gear knob. I'll try and see if I have the origins grills and try that as surprised at how little interest I've had especially spending £100 on advertising 

It's coming up summer holiday season @skeggy - market will slacken as folks are spending £thousands going abroad when they could be driving the excellent B roads around the UK in an M5 with the windows down and the loud pedal turned up to 11 ;) :lol:  :roll: 

Just thinking... there is an E39 Facebook page for buying and selling... might be worth looking that up as it's FOC to advertise and you have direct exposure to E39 enthusiasts...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwe39clubukbuysell/?fref=nf