Seesure

What's occurring with the Online Car Parts stores...

Looking at replenishing my stock of engine oil and also looking for a new battery...

FFS 4 litres of Castrol Edge should be around £40 and with a bit of shopping around I reckon around £35 would be a good price... not £33 for 1 litre !!!

Edited to add: Just checked Opies and their Castrol Edge works out at £10.38 a litre if you buy 9 litres....without any coupons etc... so even with the 60% discount that GSF are magnanimously offering they are still more expensive if you buy 8 litres .... so I could pay £1 less and get one litre more with Opies... Hmmmm difficult one .... :)

Cwapture.thumb.JPG.a5b0202cfb2b72b7eab1fd2a2ea33da2.JPG

So off to another store...

Cwapture.thumb.JPG.cbdb4d40575103da3d419f1161eb9a0c.JPG

And yet again it looks like we are being mugged... Mobil 1 for 5 litres should be around £40 and well... the price of the Bosch battery is just ludicrous... I went elsewhere and found the battery for £150 less in about 3 minutes of Googling...

So on to find a cheap source of engine oil.... these prices are just a pi$$ take and show what these companies think of their customers...

Edited by Seesure

Try eBay and see what's on offer

For some reason, ECP seem to sell their stuff cheaper on there at times :roll:

As for battery; I'd go to Halfrauds and get their huge Yuasa battery; 4 years warranty and half the price more or less!

I am not familiar with Castrol Edge 10-60 (is that what M5s run on?) but having done a quick search the on line price for 4 litres here in Portugal averages around 44 euros so those prices do seem a massive rip off.

7 hours ago, Seesure said:

Looking at replenishing my stock of engine oil and also looking for a new battery...

FFS 4 litres of Castrol Edge should be around £40 and with a bit of shopping around I reckon around £35 would be a good price... not £33 for 1 litre !!!

Cwapture.thumb.JPG.a5b0202cfb2b72b7eab1fd2a2ea33da2.JPG

Try BANK60 (60% off). To be honest, their list prices are !"$*

Edited by jake13

I have just seen that they are offering a 60% discount which brings the price down to £47 but they have obviously loaded the price before the discount to make it look as if customers are getting a bargain.

^ this seems to be ECP's common practice which sucks to my mind.

PAying the original price would be like paying full retail for a DFS sofa!

Ecp prices have gone in the roof even with there discounts I hardly ever buy from them anymore as no question it’s cheaper from elsewhere. 

I ended up ordering a battery from Batteriesonline, Bosch S5 020 as above for £129.90 that's one hell of a saving....I looked at Halfords but they were slightly more expensive.

Morrisons often come up trumps on the engine oil, typically around £40 for 5 litres of the Mobil 1, I guess I was half expecting that ECP and GSF would be competitive but it feels like they are loading their prices to fool people in to thinking they are getting a deal in using voucher/discount  codes. ...

Use carparts4less, exactly the same stuff as ECP but with the discount already applied. You can still get much better deals if you shop around. As usual they rely on people’s ignorance/laziness to maximise profits. 

On 5/24/2018 at 5:37 PM, duncan-uk said:

Paying the original price would be like paying full retail for a DFS sofa!

I've heard that they've got a sale on. ;)

On 5/24/2018 at 11:26 PM, Seesure said:

Morrisons often come up trumps on the engine oil, typically around £40 for 5 litres of the Mobil 1, I guess I was half expecting that ECP and GSF would be competitive but it feels like they are loading their prices to fool people in to thinking they are getting a deal in using voucher/discount  codes. ...

Found Tesco was cheapest for Castrol fully synthetic after buying in bulk on eBay thinking that was the best deal!