Dans

Just ordered.... Back to BMW

Hi All,

So patiently awaiting delivery now of my new 5 series touring 520d SE in Med Blue with a few small options (Gesture Control, Comfort Pack, Sun Protection Glass & Online Entertainment)

Long lead time and not expected until mid September apparently although might speak to dealer directly to see if this is accurate (bought through a 3rd party finance company who source from number of dealers)

I have previously been a BMW owner with a 116d msport in 2014 and a 318d sport in 2015 then deflected away and bought a Jeep which I have had for a couple of years and now back to BMW!

Look forward to being in the seat of the 520d ASAP!!

Excellent car and a huge jump in class from the 1 and 3 series not to mention the Jeep ;) looking forward to pictures :)

Can't wait to get it. Yeah the jeep was a bit an odd choice for me and my list of previous cars. But must admit I have loved it but I am so excited to get back in a BMW

24 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Excellent car and a huge jump in class from the 1 and 3 series not to mention the Jeep ;) looking forward to pictures :)

Glad he hasn’t ordered the panoramic sunroof :D

@Dans Great choice surprised by the lead-time - a number of us have ordered and they have arrived much quicker than that - fingers crossed for you.

It will be worth the wait.......

I ordered mine around this time last year and collected end of June but car was delivered in around 4 weeks.

think September is a good lead time, gets you a 68 plate :)

September delivery date means that it'll be a Euro 6d car, so additional urea usage. This isn't a negative, just a slightly more frequent urea fill.

I imagine many of the build slots for pre-september delivery will be allocated for making cars that will be more difficult to homologate (gasolines).

Ah Ok 6d may make sense. I went to make an amendment to the order and was told by my finance company they can't make any changes yet as there are emissions tests ongoing and so can't change anything on order until these are. Complete. Expected to be complete beginning of June which is when build period will start.... 

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, Hudds.taz said:

Glad he hasn’t ordered the panoramic sunroof :D

Careful ! :rolleyes: