Jump to content
sjak92

Detailing Thread for G30/31

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Back2Beemer said:

 

Actually that sounds wrong :unsure:

 

Ye i was going to say... waiting for the weekend but may have to postpone again as the weather seems to have gone to shit down south :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez - 2 pages and 12 hours and that's just Back2Beemer arguing with himself !!!!!

 

Anyone want to detail a car!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few post-clean pics:

 

Tea8Ynm.jpg?1

4YdcQdj.jpg

PbwITaM.jpg

 

I use Autobrite Magifoam snowfoam, I don't tend to use additional shampoo and just clean with the snow foam after about 10 minutes of dwelling (lazy but effective!). Wheels I clean with Bilthamber, then dress with Meguires tyre gel and Armoral alloy wheel sealer. I use Meguires quick detailing spray when drying the car, and Mr Muscle window cleaner for the glass. Once in a while, I use Autogylm tar remover to er, remove tar. 

 

 

Edited by mobilejo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coops said:

Very nice - is your roof wrapped?

 

Thanks. Yep - the sunroof looked odd just sitting there in the middle of the white roof. I did the same with my F10 for the same reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mobilejo said:

A few post-clean pics:

 

Tea8Ynm.jpg?1

4YdcQdj.jpg

PbwITaM.jpg

 

I use Autobrite Magifoam snowfoam, I don't tend to use additional shampoo and just clean with the snow foam after about 10 minutes of dwelling (lazy but effective!). Wheels I clean with Bilthamber, then dress with Meguires tyre gel and Armoral alloy wheel sealer. I use Meguires quick detailing spray when drying the car, and Mr Muscle window cleaner for the glass. Once in a while, I use Autogylm tar remover to er, remove tar. 

 

 

 

Cracking looking car that, especially with the M-performance add ons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mobilejo That looks amazing! Did you wrap the handles or are they inserts on the chrome? Also do I spot red badges on the wheels?

 

Ive got some nice new stuff for the weekend including TFR, clay bar and good old fashioned hard wax :)

 

 

IMG_7253.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

@mobilejo That looks amazing! Did you wrap the handles or are they inserts on the chrome? Also do I spot red badges on the wheels?

 

Ive got some nice new stuff for the weekend including TFR, clay bar and good old fashioned hard wax :)

 

 

IMG_7253.jpg

 

Thanks. Sharp eyes - yes the wheel badges are red/black instead of blue/white. The handles are just wrapped.

 

Whats in the little white tub in your pic? Also, the TFR - how do you use it? DO you spray it on before washing to loosen most of the dirt? I wouldn't mind something like that to apply to the lower parts of doors and rear bumper; they get filthy and usually they're the only parts of the car I need to manually clean because the snowfoam can handle the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never used TFR before tbh - all pro detailers seem to use it so thought I’ll give it a go. Spraying bottom half of the car, leave for 5 minutes and rinse off is the instructions. With a white car, I’m in the exact same boat as you do this could be worthwhile :) 

 

Will report back after the weekend as to effectiveness. The was is DoDo Juice Diamond White Carnuba Wax - apparently it’s the dogs bollocks!

Edited by sjak92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TFR is fantastic stuff! 

Word of warning! Be very careful with it, make sure you clean it ALL off! Otherwise it will do major damage, it’s really abrasive! 

Also wear gloves as it like to dissolve the first few layers of skin! ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, Coops said:

Jeez - 2 pages and 12 hours and that's just Back2Beemer arguing with himself !!!!!

 

Anyone want to detail a car!?

 

I'm waiting to do a sunny pic. I'm not a detailer but I've been washing the car all week becasue it has little bug splatters, especially on the windscreen and bonnet. They harden if you leave them too long

 

Its really cleaned up and looks good in the bright sun. I've learnt a single wash isn't good enough 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the most of today...

 

TFR is amazing stuff, pre wash much easier. DoDo Juice Wax is real good, although the tin says (should) lasy 3-4 cars, i used 3/4 of the tin. Probably put way too much on but buffing off was still easy enough. 

 

I’m also posting a video for @BacktoBeemer to show how Effective the ceramic coat is on alloys. Only sprayed with soapy water to move some stubborn dirt.

1E80FEC4-B069-4050-9FE1-EDDC8E83ED3A.jpeg

FE6570A1-3BA6-4E8F-96E6-5153B6D0AAFC.jpeg

E99C24AD-87F7-4C8D-87A5-71F26616E9CB.jpeg

A17097AA-6284-4F67-A5A7-43B780B5E5D1.jpeg

2CD91FD0-8931-4663-86E6-C5869C0BACE7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 5:17 PM, sjak92 said:

Took the most of today...

 

TFR is amazing stuff, pre wash much easier. DoDo Juice Wax is real good, although the tin says (should) lasy 3-4 cars, i used 3/4 of the tin. Probably put way too much on but buffing off was still easy enough. 

 

I’m also posting a video for @BacktoBeemer to show how Effective the ceramic coat is on alloys. Only sprayed with soapy water to move some stubborn dirt.

1E80FEC4-B069-4050-9FE1-EDDC8E83ED3A.jpeg

FE6570A1-3BA6-4E8F-96E6-5153B6D0AAFC.jpeg

E99C24AD-87F7-4C8D-87A5-71F26616E9CB.jpeg

A17097AA-6284-4F67-A5A7-43B780B5E5D1.jpeg

2CD91FD0-8931-4663-86E6-C5869C0BACE7.jpeg

 

Looks great. I might have to try some TFR, and maybe some wax if I can shake my laziness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gives the colour a real pop despite being a flat white. Think last picture shows it best :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the detailing gone to shit! Car serviced last week, service used TFR on it, put it through an automatic wash. All wax is stripped and my wrapped elements peeled off!!!

 

Loads of money wasted on that and all has to be redone :( I specifically asked them not to touch the car at all, just service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×