Calypso-E34

Calypso's project E34 520i - Now for sale!

Absolutely stunning @Calypso-E34

IMO that's a car I'd love to waft down to France in and waft back home again; knowing it's not exactly a speed-wagon, the leisurely drive would suit this car down to a tee :mrgreen:

16 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Absolutely stunning @Calypso-E34

IMO that's a car I'd love to waft down to France in and waft back home again; knowing it's not exactly a speed-wagon, the leisurely drive would suit this car down to a tee :mrgreen:

Dan - you’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head. This car’s raison d’être is, for me, to provide relaxation above speed. I’ve had faster cars. This one is a great big lounger!!

i was offered £2000 for it today in cash. I declined without hesitation. I have driven it over the last couple of days over my F10 ( which is nice) - and felt privileged to do so. 

Ask me why. I don’t know!

Edited by Calypso-E34

Well, that's the old 520i passed it's MOT, despite all the work I did on it!  :lol:  One year and 23 days worth!

Couple of minors / advisories.  Firstly, minors on the rear outer CV boots 'severely deteriorated'.  Now - I had a look at these, and as far as I can see they aren't perished - just dirty!  Other than that, the fuel cap seal is perished, so I'll replace that.

On 7/22/2018 at 2:15 PM, Calypso-E34 said:

Yep - Coopers of Reading.  I traced it back via BMW.  A chap on this very forum made up the sticker and the plates for me

Who's the decal chap on the forum?

Ta...

11 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Who's the decal chap on the forum?

Ta...

His user name is Kos - he has a website - CLICK HERE or add Pukar Designs on FB Messenger.  FB page HERE

Edited by Calypso-E34

I'm looking forward to spending 7.5 hrs+ driving this classic through the Highlands, and back to Brum. This one is a keeper. Will try and get that OBC working! 

1 hour ago, Piper said:

I'm looking forward to spending 7.5 hrs+ driving this classic through the Highlands, and back to Brum. This one is a keeper. Will try and get that OBC working! 

What's this Chris ....  Tell us more :)

42 minutes ago, Carl-e34 said:

What's this Chris ....  Tell us more :)

Myself and BMW5 legend Mark agreed a sale today. The other day I had a random thought about this car, wishing I had bought it from Andy, as soon as I saw the ad I couldn't resist. Also, are there any better two former keepers than Andy and Mark?! I think not! Thank you to Mark for being such a gent, looking forward to meeting up.