Sign in to follow this  
TerryTibbs

Headlining cleaning tips/advice

I’m steadily bringing a very dirty e34 back Upto standard and most things can be brought back to good order with soap and elbow grease but the headliner is a different story, any tips or product recommendations would be welcome!

I haven't had to clean a headlining personally but a couple of friends have and have had decent results using folex carpet spot stain remover and woolite hand wash solutions mixed at varying strengths.... quick spray, agitate with an old toothbrush,wipe and pat dry with a Terry towel.....don't saturate the lining otherwise you risk delamination.

Is the headlining dirty with stains, or is it just full of bits etc?

A decent soft clothes brush will do it a world of good, just don't be too aggressive with it, or it may become saggy

My previous 7 series had a filthy headliner, no idea why, but doing what I did above and using some steam really made an improvement to it and it was spotless afterwards

It’s a dirty area above the drivers seat, along the edge of the sunroof recess, and the sunroof, I mixed up some fairy w.u liquid in a sprayer and had a go at it last night gently wiping with a microfibre cloth, good results but not perfect as I want to let it dry off then I’ll have another bash at it, 

fragile things are roof liners, 

thanks guys. 

The cleaning saga continues......

Autoglyms car interior shampoo cleaner is very good; it cleaned the wife's Jazz seats and headliner around the drivers side very well. It was her Nana's car beforehand, all sorts of shite spilled on the seats and the headliner, that she grabbed to get into the car, was grubby and full of hairspray residue too :roll:  :lol: 

Just use sparingly and with a gentle clothes brush, then wiped off etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-AG-035001-Interior-Shampoo/dp/B00114WOBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526557507&sr=8-1&keywords=autoglym+interior+shampoo

47 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Autoglyms car interior shampoo cleaner is very good; it cleaned the wife's Jazz seats and headliner around the drivers side very well. It was her Nana's car beforehand, all sorts of shite spilled on the seats and the headliner, that she grabbed to get into the car, was grubby and full of hairspray residue too :roll:  :lol: 

Just use sparingly and with a gentle clothes brush, then wiped off etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-AG-035001-Interior-Shampoo/dp/B00114WOBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526557507&sr=8-1&keywords=autoglym+interior+shampoo

Yes it is good stuff ,forgot about that stuff I’ve used it before and still use the sprayer to spray jeyes fluid round my fences, .. it keeps the cats away! 

Cheers