Matthew Ashton

ISTA and DPF Regen History - SOLVED

I also have the blue one from Amazon and it works fine. I checked the wiring on it and I believe all is as it should be. Car coded fine with it.

Anyway, this ISTA looks interesting. Any chance of a link to the software Matthew? (maybe PM)

1 hour ago, Retset said:

I also have the blue one from Amazon and it works fine. I checked the wiring on it and I believe all is as it should be. Car coded fine with it.

Anyway, this ISTA looks interesting. Any chance of a link to the software Matthew? (maybe PM)

https://www.bmwmvideos.com/bmw-diagnostics-software/bmw-rheingold-4-10-20-standalone-sdp-4-10-21-ista-p-3-64-0-600/

2 hours ago, Retset said:

PM sent

20 hours ago, nashdm2 said:

Matthew, if you had a B47 engine you would know when the last regen was as you would be able to hear the bloody thing doing it !!!!

That bad Dave? I've never noticed it with mine at all...

Soot is whats burned off with each regen cycle, ash is the underlying "build up" that will eventually kill a dpf assuming its regen operates as it goes. 

Ive seen another post where a 35d needed a new dpf at 57g of ash.

Your next regen should start with mid-high twenties soot. 

On 5/16/2018 at 4:02 PM, sshooie said:

2½ years and 65k and I never noticed it either.

Once I thought the car sounded slightly rough. Upon parking and getting out, I noticed a funny smell. I believe it was regeneration but I only noticed it once., I hadn't had the car long so perhaps it had done all sorts of short trips and was gagging for a regeneration!