Dear all,

I hope you don't hate me, but I have caved in to pressure (from my mid-life crisis), and swapped my 520d for something with...  a little more grunt.

This is an excellent forum - you have been awesome and very helpful - and I bid you a fond farewell.  That said...  I might just keep you in my faves and pop in from time to time.

Anyway - I will try to upload a photo of my new beast: a 2006 Subaru WRX STi 2.5 Spec D.  0-60 5 secs.  280 bhp.  :o

Doc T

SCOOBY .jpg

SCOOBY 2.jpg

SCOOBY 3.jpg

Good work! I've always had a soft spot for these and the Mitsubishi Evo, I've only ever been in a Subaru though and loved it.

Please say it has enough of an exhaust note to hear the throb of the boxer under the bonnet!

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

15 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Good work! I've always had a soft spot for these and the Mitsubishi Evo, I've only ever been in a Subaru though and loved it.

Please say it has enough of an exhaust note to hear the throb of the boxer under the bonnet!

..it does.

Ninja II aftermarket exhaust without resonator or muffler.  Very, very loud - lovely bass note.  Never driven anything like this.  It's wild.

My mechanic is getting ready for some serious tuning - but we're starting soft.  Bridgestone Potenzas all round, oil and filter change - then we're on to stage I re-map.  Back to JDM spec: 320bhp.

Whammy!

Do you not get the feeling when you drive it that everyone hates you? 

Make sure you wear your cap backwards ;) 

Edited by Yokozuna

8 minutes ago, Dr Taylor said:

..it does.

Ninja II aftermarket exhaust without resonator or muffler.  Very, very loud - lovely bass note.  Never driven anything like this.  It's wild.

My mechanic is getting ready for some serious tuning - but we're starting soft.  Bridgestone Potenzas all round, oil and filter change - then we're on to stage I re-map.  Back to JDM spec: 320bhp.

Whammy!

Aaaaah perfect! Just as it should be. 320BHP will be night and day difference from standard. 

15 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Do you not get the feeling when you drive it that everyone hates you? 

Make sure you wear your cap backwards ;) 

Mate - I don't care what people think.  If they annoy me, I disappear.

Enjoy your hot tub!

10 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Aaaaah perfect! Just as it should be. 320BHP will be night and day difference from standard. 

TBH, I've only had this thing since Saturday.  Picked it up in Wrexham.  She needs some love, and I need to adapt to the turbo madness.

And then...320bhp.  :)

1 minute ago, 535i Andrew said:

I knew it! I knew it!

I knew you secretly hated driving a Diesel.

Glad you have ditched the Aga for something powered by the proper stuff.

Good luck with it. ;)

Your constant ribbing about 6-cylinder petrols was like slow water erosion of my willpower.

Good work!

I knew I wanted to go back to petrol, but I was thinking NA: S2000; 350 or 370Z.  But my mate has a Celica GT4...so...Scooby it was.

Tough choice!!!! :P

Just now, Matthew Ashton said:

Good luck with it. The backward cap’ll suit you ;)

Hi Matthew!

Thought you might pop by. Yes: it's pastures new, and loud, but the fun is immense.

I'm going to stay on the forum as an honorary member - unless admin boot me orf.

So - chat soon.  Hope life is good with you and the family.

C

B)

35 minutes ago, Dr Taylor said:

Hi Matthew!

Thought you might pop by. Yes: it's pastures new, and loud, but the fun is immense.

I'm going to stay on the forum as an honorary member - unless admin boot me orf.

So - chat soon.  Hope life is good with you and the family.

C

B)

Christian, it's been a pleasure... Look forward to the ongoing banter though. Oh and thanks for asking, we are all well here with my younger continuing the rest of her GCSEs tomorrow! (10 hour Art exam under her belt so far).

35 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

You will still be welcome here, we still even talk to someone who drives an

Audi!:o

Holy Mother of.....  :shock:

12 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Christian, it's been a pleasure... Look forward to the ongoing banter though. Oh and thanks for asking, we are all well here with my younger continuing the rest of her GCSEs tomorrow! (10 hour Art exam under her belt so far).

I feel the pain....from the other side of the divide.  Roll on the summer hols!

16 hours ago, Dr Taylor said:

I knew I wanted to go back to petrol, but I was thinking NA: S2000; 350 or 370Z.  But my mate has a Celica GT4...so...Scooby it was.

Tough choice!!!! :P

You should have put a poll up here....

...then ignored all the advice...

5 hours ago, sshooie said:

@ Dr T nice looking motor and I will also miss your sharp wit and repartee, always had you down as older than 18 though!

Kind sir, forgive my apparent antipathy towards your AUDI vehicle.

And, as for wit and lightning responses - fear ye not!  Doc T will always haunt this forum... 

... in one forum or another.

BOOM YES BOOM! :-D