Calypso-E34

Cost to paint one side of an E34?

I have a bit of a colour mismatch / paint quality issue with one side of my E34, meaning I really need to paint the front and rear wings and the two doors on one side.  It doesn't need to be factory perfect, but it should look right.

What would any of you who know expect to pay to have this done?

Each body shop will be different in price pal; you need to speak to a few local ones to see what they say

At a rough guestimate, I reckon the doors would be around £300 and each wing around £150; the pillars, probably another £hundred or so on top... 

It's all about the time and prep and what they may find underneath etc!

dont blend in to the midille or top of c pillar tho . so many people do this .. for all the effort to mask off you can get wing, 2 doors , rear quarter and the first part of roof taking in the A pillar.. do whole side and put a soft foam edge on the fiat swedge line that runs the legth of the roof .. looks so much better

It helps keep the cost down by removing trim ( door handle surrounds  etc) and the finish is better as well ...

The whole side with no crash damage would be around £600 in the Birmingham area ... But down London much more ....

If going to the trouble of having the whole side done i would remove the rear bumper and make sure the edge that rests against the rear bumper

seal is rust free ( It would be a shame to see rust appearing there six months after the repaint) 

I would add the post 1999 Orient blue is more Purple in base colour than the earlier Orient blue colour ...