Sign in to follow this  
MartyMcfly

530d tuning - max boost - fueling

Hi all,

I'm going to be tuning up my old 530d and have some questions, what sort of boost have guys been running on a gt2260v and does anyone have any idea on the efficiency or limit the turbo has before emp or head-lift will be a worry? I don't mind a bit of smoke so what would be optimal fueling, 80/90mg's?

Thanks

3.0bar doesn't trouble the M57. You may find you're limited by the fuel pump - they can be hit and miss. Is yours the 218BHP or 231BHP version? I personally wouldn't run 2.0bar out of a standard turbo on these, we go with hybrids for 1.8bar upwards. You should clear 300BHP easily, up to 320BHP on a 231BHP engine with a standard turbo.

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

3.0bar doesn't trouble the M57. You may find you're limited by the fuel pump - they can be hit and miss. Is yours the 218BHP or 231BHP version? I personally wouldn't run 2.0bar out of a standard turbo on these, we go with hybrids for 1.8bar upwards. You should clear 300BHP easily, up to 320BHP on a 231BHP engine with a standard turbo.

Thanks for the information buddy, it's a 218 version, it made 265/490 without a maf sensor, running 80mgs of fuel, 1.6 bar/boost and and extra 100 (psi I think) on the fuel rail. It's funny because it made stock power with the maf connected, but when pushed it wouldn't fuel and the curve was like a camels back.

I've got rid of the egr, cat and put a new maf in and it does go quite well, but there is no smoke which makes me wonder if the turbo is at the limit or not. If seen/read some guys running nearly 300 on a gt2260v and one was on a e39 with some 60 bits swapped over (sensors etc)

thanks mate

Edited by MartyMcfly