Sign in to follow this  
GBS

530i M Sport Techno Violet

Hi,

As ever, take a look at the car - many times car's look great in pictures and the description reads well, only for the car not to be like that in real life. As for bodywork, rust patches/bubbles, depending on how bad it is and how good of a job you want for the fix will depend just how expensive it is!

There's an individual messing metallic manual 525d Sport on ebay for £2K that I think some bargaining down could well be possible !

Cheers, Dennis!

Great point, someone who's spent so much on part replacements can only be a good sign!

It’ll go for a high’ish price imo, but a great spec and solid condition, so probably worth it

Re the bubbles, could be major, could be simple. Every body shop is different, so it’d be a case of speaking to a few to see what they say etc

10 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

It’ll go for a high’ish price imo, but a great spec and solid condition, so probably worth it

Re the bubbles, could be major, could be simple. Every body shop is different, so it’d be a case of speaking to a few to see what they say etc

Your right, it's at £5000 already! How much do you guys estimate it's gonna go for?

Edited by GBS

Hi,

Looks a bit 'suspicious' to me. The bidding was at £2200 and then one comes in at £5000 - possible/probable shill bidding ?!!

For me, I'd not pay more than £3K for it. Other might pay more though !

Cheers, Dennis!

Aye, not unusual for car sellers to have their pals bid on it for them.

I've done this in the past with a few cars because I didn't want them to sell for silly money and really, it was to put others off bidding stupid amounts when everyone knew what the car(s) were worth!

The car is worth more than £3k easy, £4k is about right, maybe a touch more due to it's colour and there being few Champagnes/Individuals about now

£3k is way under-priced, market value wise

Thanks guys - good advice here. Getting a feel for the price to pay based on condition.

Still holding out for a really nice well looked after one, i've been searching for many months and yet no sign!

The really well looked after ones are only going up in price, like all other BMWs really

The age is catching up with a lot and they're not looked after; so they're sheds or described as mint and turn out to be dogs upon viewing!

Personally I'd see a few and hold out for the right one, see what comes up for sale on here etc

What is it you're after and around what budget?

Edited by d_a_n1979

4 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

The really well looked after ones are only going up in price, like all other BMWs really

The age is catching up with a lot and they're not looked after; so they're sheds or described as mint and turn out to be dogs upon viewing!

Personally I'd see a few and hold out for the right one, see what comes up for sale on here etc

What is it you're after and around what budget?

Indeed, keeping a eye on all the major websites and this forum for a well maintained one.

Looking for a 530i sport, preferably black, not too fussed on the spec! Happy to pay the premium it's just finding a nice one :)

Edited by GBS

Just now, GBS said:

Indeed, keeping a eye on all the major websites and this forum for a well maintained one.

Looking for a 530i sport, preferably black, not too fussed on the spec! Happy to pay the premium it's just finding a nice one :)

I've got just that!

Just not looking to sell currently, unless the right 'next car' crops up :roll: 

5 minutes ago, GBS said:

When you do, drop me a PM, happy to make you a offer :D

Haha; there won't be any offers, it'd just be at one price if I do sell :P 

Edited by d_a_n1979

£5600 already from different bidders. Not seen a non-M5 E39 get so much in auction!

I know alot of work has been done to this but seems a little high :) I'm still very tempted...

Edited by GBS

2 hours ago, GBS said:

£5600 already from different bidders. Not seen a non-M5 E39 get so much in auction!

I know alot of work has been done to this but seems a little high :) I'm still very tempted...

IMO it’s too high now... Stranger things have happened. But I wouldn’t spend that on this car, £4K max imo

For anywhere near that money, I wouldn't expect smashed bumper corners, kerbed alloys and rusty wings & bootlid. Obviously a little shill bidding going on...

C.

Almost certainly shill bidding that’s stupid money almost m5 money now. I’m sure it will be relisted several times 

1 hour ago, GBS said:

£8.5k? The ebay listing says £5.6k still, must have retracted the bid.

Definitely some skulduggery going on... Probs got two or three mates placing bids and realised it's now looking dodgy!

C.

Sold for £8100, insane :o

Two offers retracted, one cancelled, very fishy!

Edited by GBS

On 5/20/2018 at 11:56 AM, d_a_n1979 said:

It'll be back up for sale soon enough :roll: 

You weren't wrong, seems like you can tell the future :o

It's because wankers like that are 10 a penny

He's listed it at lower end M5 money now

Who then fuck is gonna pay that for a simple 530i; no matter what colour/spec, it's worth about £4k tops IMO; however with the work needed, more likely £3-£3.5k

#howtobeaprick101 :roll: