stu08

E39 M5 Owners Help Required

Good evening all,

I have a E39 535i SE Pre-facelift. 

I have just got hold of a LHS M5 back box which I intend to fit on its own as a LHS twin pipe. I love the standard tailpipes and how they flow with the bumper lines. As it's not a M5 I will not be doing the quad look.

Can anyone measure the exhaust cut out in their standard M5 rear splitter please?

I'd be looking for:

The width of the cut out

The height of the cut out

Many thanks for any help.

Stu 

Has yours the SE rear bumper (ie no Mtec II rear lower valance) or does it have a Sports bumper fitted?

If you already have one cutout, can you not just measure that and mirror it onto the other side? 

Also; are you routing the exhaust pipe around the spare wheel well; or are you cutting the boot floor etc?

The cutout is 200mm wide at the bottom and about 160mm wide at the top.  Difficult to measure the height of it due to the profile, but the height of the remaining part of the diffuser above the exhaust is about 30mm.

8 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Has yours the SE rear bumper (ie no Mtec II rear lower valance) or does it have a Sports bumper fitted?

If you already have one cutout, can you not just measure that and mirror it onto the other side? 

Also; are you routing the exhaust pipe around the spare wheel well; or are you cutting the boot floor etc?

Standard SE rear bumper. Planning to have it trimmed in a body shop and a trim similar to the Alpina version fitted.

I'm not fitting the RHS, so shouldn't need to worry about that.