Mr_530i

BMW Electrical Recall

It doesn't affect 5's from what I understand.

My E60 was recalled for a battery cable issue, it was a fire risk apparently.  When the dealer did mine they didn't elaborate much in why.

I watched the BBC watchdog report on it last night.  Delivered in true Watchdog sensationalist style.  But you wouldn't be happy if it was your BMW that was left burnt out.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:54 AM, Mr_530i said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44050686

Who on here has been personally effected by this? and how has the service been from BMW?

Me, not got the letter yet so can’t  book it in! Got a phone call of my local dealer saying our shitbin has a recall on it, no hire car available either! As “it’s only a 2hr job!” :rolleyes:

Will update when it’s done or on fire or cut out on the motorway doing 120 er I mean 71mph....

;) 

On 5/13/2018 at 1:27 PM, Yokozuna said:

Me, not got the letter yet so can’t  book it in! Got a phone call of my local dealer saying our shitbin has a recall on it, no hire car available either! As “it’s only a 2hr job!” :rolleyes:

Will update when it’s done or on fire or cut out on the motorway doing 120 er I mean 71mph....

;) 

You need to test it to make sure it won't cut out at high speed.. Maybe get BMW to remove the limiter just to be sure

10 minutes ago, Blobby said:

You need to test it to make sure it won't cut out at high speed.. Maybe get BMW to remove the limiter just to be sure

I don’t know if the 320d has a limiter.....

could ask though ;) 

Oh yeah i forgot it was a 320D .. You never know it still might make the national speed limit if the road is downhill with a tailwind :D

1 hour ago, Blobby said:

Oh yeah i forgot it was a 320D .. You never know it still might make the national speed limit if the road is downhill with a tailwind :D

Ha ha 

shut up..... the wife was stopped doing 142mph in it when we first got it! :shock: I didn’t believe that it can go that fast, I can confirm it goes past it.....

takes a bloody long time though!

;) 

42 minutes ago, mike. said:

Don't wait for bmw to write to you check you cars here

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

When our local dealer phoned us they said we can’t book it in until we receive the letter from BMW? 

I’m really not bothered if I’m honest! As I think if it was going to fail it would of already? 

203k and climbing! :) 

So now according to watchdog they're catching fire in a similar fashion to the VX Zafira's (heater resistors)

Update

the car is yet to cut out or catch fire :rolleyes:

but I received the recall letter today, I’m still not allowed to book it in though as I need to wait for another letter to confirm there’s enough parts to complete the job :shock: