Hi,

I've done a search on here and I know there are other posts around Spotify but from what I can see I've done everything suggested but still can't get it to work how I envied it would.

I've got my S8+ connected via USB and connected to car via BT, I've opened Spotify via the app as well as BMW app too but I don't see it listed in my media options?  I was hoping I'd be able to search for music/playlists etc via the car?  At the moment Spotify works via BT but in order to get the music you want you have to search on phone which is obviously illegal whilst driving?

Any help/guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks

Afraid buying an iphone is your only choice. Android Spotify simply doesnt work unless you have a more recent version of BMW Apps, models since 2016 seem to be better (with Android) 

Edited by SuperDave
Edited for Jon

37 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Afraid buying an iphone is your only choice. Android Spotify simply doesnt work unless you have a more recent version of BMW Apps, models since 2016 seem to be better. 

I had a horrible feeling somebody was going to tell me this!  Thanks bud.

12 hours ago, SuperDave said:

models since 2016 seem to be better. 

Or maybe earlier? Mine is May 2015 and works fine with my iPhone. 

22 minutes ago, Retset said:

Or maybe earlier? Mine is May 2015 and works fine with my iPhone. 

I meant with Android! :-D

Iphone 5 onward should be fine with any BMW Apps enabled car, although mine still likes to refuse to connect some dsys. Others its fine. 

I see!

I find that it takes a while to show the Spotify app, even if Spotify is open before I plug it in. If I am not impatient, it appears after 10-30 seconds.

If mine works its within 5-10secs, i get the "addition apps"  item followed by Spotify logo in the menu. 

If it doesn't work it just tries to reload apps all journey in the background. Often seeems to be if there's an update for the iPhone or Spotify app it wont connect until you've actioned it.

Sound quality with the HK when connected via usb is awesome though.

Recently enabled video in motion and the audio on some DVDs is pretty good too. Makes waiting around for small people a much better experience!