M635uk

535se finally back on the road

Morning

1st post on here but I thought I would share my restoration pics for my 535ise manual.  

Bought blind off ebay in March 17.  Massive list of work completed by myself apart from the paint.

Finally back on the road.Subtle mods include 17" style 66's, Volvo front splitter, H&R lowering springs, 550 short shifter, full body painted bumpers and cills, rear spoiler delete, lightweight e3/e24 flywheel.

Restoration included cill/jacking point rebuilds, all new brakes, new suspension, new front wings, new exhaust system etc etc, £3.5k on parts alone - I can email list if someone is about to embark on a similar rebuild but its a huge list...

Next steps are head refresh, Alpina B10 spec cam and ecu chip, high compression piano pistons.   Also looking at M5 25mm front arb and M5 touring rear 21mm arb.  Comments on the said plan welcomed!

A nice old school gangster car. 

Previously had am M635csi for 15 years which I practically rebuilt.  Pic attached for sentimental reasons...

Final pic is of the 535 prior to the restoration.

Cheers for now

Ian

DSCF2040.JPG

DSCF2041.JPG

DSCF2042.JPG

DSCF2043.JPG

DSCF2044.JPG

DSCF2045.JPG

DSCF2046.JPG

DSCF2047.JPG

DSCF2048.JPG

donald6.JPG

DSCF1605.JPG

That looks lovely Ian,credit to you.

Great purchase and well done on the work. There's something quite appealing about the big 6 (M30).

Would look great on some period dished rims. ;)

C.