So I'm back in an M5 after a brief stint in an E55.  The main difference is that this has 2 extra cylinders.

The car is a decent spec, silverstone blue II metallic, active seats, heated rear seats, retro fitted BMW rear screens, merino Silverstone II leather, rear blinds, adaptive headlights, alcantara headlining and shelf and also extended leather (dash top and tops of door cars are leather).

I am the 4th owner, it's a 2006 car with 75k miles on it. Yeah I know it's the more expensive tax bracket but you don't buy a car like this and worry about that. It has full BMW main dealer service history. I don't have a local dealer so I will be getting my local trusted indy to service it for me from now on. 

It has a cat back exhaust a k&n typhoon induction kit on it.

Driving back from picking it up I managed to do around 130 miles to nearly half a tank lol. I wasn't beast mixing it either, but being sat on the M25 car park didn't help matters. 

Initial thoughts?

I like it. It is different to my old E39's, less nimble but quicker. It sounds amazing with the exhaust on it. It sings for days. It feels bigger than the E39 (it is) and slightly less easy to hustle, but the steering feels positive. It isn't as fast as my old E55 AMG, but I didn't expect it to be. I wanted to own a V10 and this was the best way I could see of doing it. 

The SMG......

You know what? I don't hate it, and I actually quite like it (controversial!). It is taking some getting used to, but I expected it to be much much worse than I am finding. I think it may be due a clutch at some point so I may get that done at the same time as I get the rod bearings done. 

M5.jpg

engine.jpg

interior 1.jpg

interior 2.jpg

interior 3jpg.jpg

interior 4.jpg

interior 5.jpg

interior 6.jpg

steering wheel.jpg

12 hours ago, Angrydog said:

Thanks Dan, I'm quite jealous of myself tbh lol.

Haha; it is a car I seriously consider

I just have hang-ups of spending that amount on a car that would only do c4k miles a year and generally those are to training & back :roll: 

I'm trying to stick to my next car being a touring too; very few M5 tourings crop up and when they do, they're usually at eye-watering prices!

2 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

I just have hang-ups of spending that amount on a car that would only do c4k miles a year and generally those are to training & back :roll: 

I'm trying to stick to my next car being a touring too; very few M5 tourings crop up and when they do, they're usually at eye-watering prices!

If you want one get one sooner rather than later as prices of the tourings are only going one way...

Enjoy the new car!

cheers

4 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

I walk to work, this is just a weekend car.  Do it while you can :D.  I always said I would never get an E60, but here I am with the V10 goodness.

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Love it - bet it sounds like a right animal with those intakes on too!

That and the stainless really make it.  For sound it knocks my old E39 M5 out of the park.

1 hour ago, Angrydog said:

I walk to work, this is just a weekend car.  Do it while you can :D.  I always said I would never get an E60, but here I am with the V10 goodness.

That and the stainless really make it.  For sound it knocks my old E39 M5 out of the park.

4K videos please or it never happened :P 

@zarnd & @Angrydog

I know what you're saying; however, having just committed to c£25k to a new extension and garage/man-shed, unfortunately, they take priorities :roll: 

I do keep looking and keeping my eyes peeled; a touring would be my only car, but if I got a saloon, Id probably keep my currently 530i as a daily and the M5 as a weekend toy etc

I keep taking dividends and splitting them into savings and 'car fund', so far, the car fund is winning :lol: