Sign in to follow this  
GBS

BMW 540i 86k

1 hour ago, inkiboo said:

Nice car but the M5 bits do nothing for me.

He is on crack if he thinks it is worth £8.5k

The bidding starts at £5k, so essentially that's the minimum he's willing to let the car go for - if you bid at £5k and no one else does, then it's yours for that price. However, I won't be surprised if it goes for £6-7k - it's a pretty clean car based on the photos/description and he seems to be the original owner, as it shows 0 previous owners?

Nothing wrong with the M5 bits, all genuine and nicely compliment the looks of the car.

The only thing I noticed is that the maintenance list doesn't look too thorough, unless not everything has been described - not a word about wishbones, suspension bushes, shocks/springs? I'm sure it's all fine, but just saying...

Looks a solid enough car and fairly well looked after

Alloys need a good refurb and the exterior plastics need a good clean and treatment, but otherwise is looks like it needs for not a lot

Starting price is high IMO, buy it now price is laughable.

I reckon it'll go for somewhere around £5.5k, maybe a touch more, no where near worth the BIN price though, it never will be as it's fairly basic inside etc

They do seem to be going up in value the 540i not seen autos up as cheap as they used to be, and I guess the sport specced cars are getting rare, for me personally the m5 is well out of reach financially now, so a nice 540i sport saloon would be the next best thing, as there’s always the option of supercharging in the future to get more power etc, I guess there’s a good demand for them now as there’s prob a fair amount of people who want the m5 but can’t afford one! The demand for the 540i/6 will only rise in the coming years as the m5 prices keep going to the moon!