Evening All,

Looking to fill my arches better on my 530d sport Touring on style 66.

What size spacers are other running?

I’ve heard it best to go hubcentric ones.

Any advice would be fab.

Edited by jwarrens84

15mm hubcentric spacers front and rear will do the job nicely

Either spend a bit more and do a stud conversion (I'd highly recommend it as it's safer but also easier for taking wheels on and off) ;)

If not, just get spacers with longer bolts like the ones below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-5-Series-Saloon-E39-1995-2004-4-Hubcentric-15mm-Alloy-Wheel-Spacers-Bolts/122574061366?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Plat_Gen%3AE39&hash=item1c89fbbf36:g:ywoAAOSwDrNZVmwb

This is the stud conversion I've used; if you go for this, then just buy the spacers on their own without the longer bolts:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Black-Conversion-Wheel-Studs-82mm-Kit-with-Nuts/371575433483?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Plat_Gen%3AE39&epid=7008856862&hash=item56839f290b:g:aAAAAOSwFqJWnNWU

Edited by d_a_n1979

With the stud conversion do you just do them up FT and hope they don't come undone when you take wheel nut off?

9 hours ago, trenchy24 said:

With the stud conversion do you just do them up FT and hope they don't come undone when you take wheel nut off?

If you install them properly with the recommended thread lock and torque them down, they won't come undone

A lot of track day BMWs and other cars use these and they swap wheels over fairly aggressively, they don't come undone :) 

I see, makes sense. I want some! 

I also want spacers. i have M para's and not sure if 15mm all round will be right? Fronts are certainly worse than the rears.

Cheers d_a_n1979

I think studs is the way forward. If you’re going to do it, then do it properly.

10-15mm all round would give it that subtle enhancement and will fill the arches nicely 

15mm spacers will be spot on

If you're not lowered, then should be fine. If you are lowered, then you may need to adjust the ride height on the rears a touch to stop any rubbing

The only time I got rubbing on 18" alloys when spaced out was over hard undulations on the motorways at speed, or bad dips on normal roads when unavoidable and even then, it was only slight on the inner arch etc

I'm on 19s now with ET20 on the rears and ET10 up front and no rubbing, but I've altered the ride height to stop rubbing (unless cars full of fat bodies in the back etc) :lol: 

FYI; re spacers - its easy to source 15mm hubcentric spacers (74.1 to 74.1) via the link I provided, but getting smaller can be a minefield

Schmiedmann do some thinner ones, so have a look on their website, they do 7mm, 9mm and 12mm. Personally I wouldn't go thinner than 12mm, you need that 'meat' on the spacer for safety: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E39/wheel-spacers-pg867-catn-ol/3

Edited by d_a_n1979