Hi all got a 535 and a 520 and neither of them will get cold with aircon even though both have been regassed both are showing error for auc I have bought replacement for both cars but I can't find location says on or around front fan.

I have taken front bumper and slam panel off and still can't find sensor.

Does anyone have any idea where it is please.

Error code 9C5E

Edited by khile

I have check there too nothing there on either car.

One was done around 6-8 months ago and other done 2 weeks ago 

23 minutes ago, khile said:

I have check there too nothing there on either car.

One was done around 6-8 months ago and other done 2 weeks ago 

There is a big plug for the cooling fan and also small plug for the AUC. The AUC sensor sits on top of the fan cowling.

attachment.php?attachmentid=380678&d=137

pic09.jpg

9696132753_e7de71f016_b.jpg

Edited by jake13

The one that was done 6-8 months ago is 99% short of gas! The other is also 99% short of gas! 

The same fault on two cars is very unlikely, the Aux fan will only work if the air con system is fully working! 

I’m not to sure on the E60 but on the E39 the air con would work regardless of the Aux fan...

get them check for a full charge before you start ducking about with parts....

This is the part I have bought as it was listed on realoem as being for my car auc sensor 

Pressing a tool into low side of Aircon vents gas so I know it's holding charge but I can't seem to find auc sensor the image by jake13 show big block connector is present on 535 but not on 520.

Screenshot_20180507-052217.png

Screenshot_20180507-052238.png

Had the same problem recently, took me an age to find because I was looking around the fan cowling but as Ian550 mentioned mine was on the front edge of the drivers side pollen filter, next to the bonnet switch.

4 minutes ago, coolhand9 said:

Had the same problem recently, took me an age to find because I was looking around the fan cowling but as Ian550 mentioned mine was on the front edge of the drivers side pollen filter, next to the bonnet switch.

I've looked there both cars have the cutout next to the bonnet switch but no sensor or even the wire 

I managed to forget to leave the wires out for mine once so you may need to remove the pollen filter housing and look for it.

4 hours ago, GoNz0 said:

I managed to forget to leave the wires out for mine once so you may need to remove the pollen filter housing and look for it.

Haha I've just done that and nothing there m totally lost

1 hour ago, khile said:

Yes auc bit if that sensor fails no air con :(:(

only thing that happens is it doesn't automatically go onto recycle on mine when it plays up. I have this code all the time intermittently.