baku911

Donington Park 'viewer experience'

Looked through the forum but I could not find anything about 'viewer experience' at Donington Park racetrack.

I will be going to see some races at DP at the end of May. I have never been to a racetrack before, hence my question to you guys who might have been to see races there. Should I buy a grandstand ticket or go for a normal ticket? (to my understanding, you buy a normal ticket, you go on the track banks and view the race from there). How does a race day look like in terms of going there as a viewer? Any advice and tips will be very much appreciated! Thank you.

Been to donnington park a couple, of times and the elevation changes mean you get good vantage points around the circuit. From memory the grandstand gets you a decent view of the stray finish straight and a couple of corners but I would tend to take a wander around the track. Enjoy a few vantage points and soak up the atmosphere. 

The straight and hair pin behind the grandstand is good and the other end has a nice view of some s bends with down and uphill. 

Its a good circuit. 

Plenty of good places to watch, although being one of the longer tracks you can't see everything from any one place. Probably best to wander round, depending on size of the meeting the infield area may also be open, accessed by tunnel from the paddock.

Jonathan Palmer recently acquired the circuit to add to his other MSV tracks, and has been busy over the winter improving facilities and giving it a lick of paint.

One of my favourites, raced there many times, and hopefully back there in September.

Thank you guys for your replies. Much appreciated. 

I thought wandering around may be the best experience. I just hope the weather does not disappoint us on the day. Thanks again guys.