Good Morning

Yesterday i met up with Grizzle and mucked about with my car for a bit, he plugged in the carly and it showed i had 113 grams of ash in my DPF.

Is this normal amount or not, 

thanks

Err from personal experience I've never mine over 30g over the period of a month and it has not regen'd either. But I always do a forced regen every month due to it being remapped with the dpf still good for another 100k according to ISTA.

So, I would say yours is pretty full and I would look to get a forced regen sorted using DIS etc.

I'm pretty sure the readings are just calculated based on the last regen/replacement and driving history. There is nothing in the DPF that physically weighs the amount of ash, the reading is almost certainly wrong on a 10+ year old car.

ok thanks for the reply, i am about to change out my faulty throttle actuator so i heard that can give regen issues

On 02/05/2018 at 9:27 PM, Grizzle_E60 said:

Soot mass was about 11.2g but Ash Mass was 113.6g

Ahh sorry was talking about the soot mass. 11.2g is nothing imo.

Is there any type of additive i can add to help clean the DPF

Edited by barracuda

Additives will only help burn the soot. The ash needs to be physically removed (washed out).

What I'd suggest doing is looking at the back pressures after a regen. If they're pretty low I wouldn't worry.