GoNz0

Front control arms brand?

Lemforder or Meyle HD?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What brand?

• Lemforder
    • Meyle HD

I am going to swap the front end control arms, drop links and tie rods due to the age of the car, the question is go for the more expensive Lemforder to keep it OEM or go for the Meyle HD kit?

MOT a few weeks confirmed I knew the drop links were gone. Coinicidently ECP were doing a discount for Lemforder ones plus D bushes.... Keep an eye out for them. I thought the Meyle were rebranded chinese...... 

56 minutes ago, RightHandGoose said:

I thought the Meyle were rebranded chinese...... 

Meyle HD are reengineered to be more reliable than OEM and will have a 4 year warranty. 

33 minutes ago, RightHandGoose said:

I see.... Is the HD type better than regular Meyle if such a thing. 

Yeah, regular Meyle is OEM spec, Meyle HD are parts where they've looked at common failures and reengineered it so it's more robust, or used better rubber or higher grade materials etc. 

Edited by Deviant

22 minutes ago, RightHandGoose said:

Cracking Guys, I will fit the Lemons for now them... But where do I access the HD types and for what uses.... Cheers. 

It's mostly control arms, drop links, tie rods etc. Ebay is good place to look, Just put E61 Meyle HD into the search bar

https://www.meyle.com/en/service-centre/online-catalogue/

Edited by Deviant

Brilliant........ I'm sure I'll be looking at the rest at some point but the rest is all good. My garage are good blokes and I'll just keep an an eye out for the rest of the parts....... Mucho Gracias 

12 hours ago, Deviant said:

Yeah, regular Meyle is OEM spec, Meyle HD are parts where they've looked at common failures and reengineered it so it's more robust, or used better rubber or higher grade materials etc. 

Well regarding ball joint rubber boots Meyle HD quality is inferior to Lemförder. Some mechanics even say that you can install Meyle parts but remember to salvage the ball joint rubber from original (Lemförder) parts.

Went Lemforder for everything in the end, carparts4less £532

Control arms, tie rods and bellows.

42 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

It adds up doesn't!

Its an easy diy if you are handy with the spanners and have the time.  

Yeah I have no issues doing it, even have the 38mm crowfoot wrench so I can torque the tie rods to the rack from my adventures removing the entire sub-frame from the wife's mini, that was a pain in the arse!

Trackings paid for with he kwik fit hunter 2 year plan B)

Edited by GoNz0

8 hours ago, Clavurion said:

Well regarding ball joint rubber boots Meyle HD quality is inferior to Lemförder. Some mechanics even say that you can install Meyle parts but remember to salvage the ball joint rubber from original (Lemförder) parts.

Everyone finds fault with everything.  The OP could have potentially saved himself £166 and doubled the warranty. You pays your money and you takes your choice. 

If you want to be a purist, buy Lemförder. 

3 hours ago, GoNz0 said:

Yeah I have no issues doing it, even have the 38mm crowfoot wrench so I can torque the tie rods

Thats a pity, as I bought exactly the same too to do my track rods, and could have sold it to you.;)

I replaced all the front end suspension components on both my E39 and E61 with Lemmy parts, and had no issues at all.  Guess I'm just an OEM type of guy...

I normally do go OEM, on the mini I went lemmy and TRW bar the lollipop bushes as I know they are a weak point so I fitted Meyle HD ones, the E36 came with solid offset lollipops from the factory and crappy rubber mounted bottom ball joints so I went Meyle with them for the handling. I think the E60 with m-sports firm enough so stock will be fine, it isn't like I do many miles so they should last years.

34 minutes ago, Dotcom1970 said:

May be you have roads smooth as a baby's butt. However, in the West Midlands there are more creators than the moon! Seriously I'm looking at reinforced suspension set-up which is common for Eastern Europe.

1 minute ago, jake13 said:

May be you have roads smooth as a baby's butt. However, in the West Midlands there are more creators than the moon! Seriously I'm looking at reinforced suspension set-up which is common for Eastern Europe.

The roads here in West Sussex are just as bad :(