Motor84

BBS Split rims on 540??

15 minutes ago, Motor84 said:

Yes, just looked them up. Bit tatty but can be refurbed I guess. Were the 18in staggered 42s always split rim? I think I prefer them to not be split. Like these but 18in staggered?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-Series-E46-99-06-16-Style-42-Alloy-Wheel-Set-7J-ET45-1095058-0000347671/362287590298?epid=1023081217&hash=item545a05eb9a:g:ZkUAAOSwW3VaxkL-

I actually love the style 5s. These are the quintessential 80s-90s BMW wheels IMO. Now could I get 18in staggered versions of these? Don't think I've ever seen them. I had the regular ones on my 523.

39510955934_7694061330_c.jpgIMG_0774 by Motion Limited, on Flickr

2 designs of the Style 42s; one one piece, the other BBS split rims

All you need to know about BMW alloys here: http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

Those wheels on eBay are knackered! I've got a set of almost pristine 17'' style 32's for sale on Gumtree for less than that and not had a single bite!

Anyone interested?

19 minutes ago, drpep999 said:

Those wheels on eBay are knackered! I've got a set of almost pristine 17'' style 32's for sale on Gumtree for less than that and not had a single bite!

Anyone interested?

iignore me lol .. i thought you said Style 42 in 17"

Edited by The Flying Banana

38 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Price is way more than what they're worth, more so in that condition!

It'll cost a fortune to refurb them as getting them apart is hard enough, then with the possibility of having to replace some, if not all bolts and then the refurb on top

I'd keep looking personally

tatty yes but complete and seeing as there arent any others its Hobsons choice really .. if its Stlye 42s today a buyer wants then the price is fine .. could spend maybe £800 on some reps etc but buy these ...refurb for about £400 you are in same boat and you have genuine BBS rims

Edited by The Flying Banana

1 minute ago, The Flying Banana said:

tatty yes but complete and seeing as there arent any others its Hobsons choice really .. if its Stlye 42s today a buyer wants then the price is fine .. could spens maybe £800 on some reps etc but buy thes erefurb for about £400 you are in same boat and you have genuine BBS rims

Agree; they're complete, but not mega-sought after alloys and their cost plus refurb (IMO it'd be closer to £600 for a proper, full split and refurb, polish or cut of the lips and replacement of damaged bolts (there will be damaged bolts); the overall price IMO, isn't justifyable

However, like you said, not many sets crop up so it may force a buyer to pay over the odds

1 hour ago, drpep999 said:

Anyone interested?

Hhhmmmm...could be. Link???

Oooh what about these...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACS-AC-Schnitzer-Type-2-Replica-Wheels-18-ET15-E36-E46-E34-E39-E60-etc/222927029122?

Holy grail right there!! Well, holy grail is genuine ones and staggered, and not refurbed in a darker graphite colour, but still get my juices flowing just looking at them. Best E39 wheels possible!! :)

18 minutes ago, Marc_86 said:

Hhhmmmm...could be. Link???

Just bear with me for a bit Marc, I seem to having some issues with Gumtree.

1 minute ago, drpep999 said:

Just bear with me for a bit Marc, I seem to having some issues with Gumtree.

No worries. Been looking at 18" style 32's but would consider 17s too.

2 minutes ago, Marc_86 said:

No worries. Been looking at 18" style 32's but would consider 17s too.

18's all the way IMO

There's a cheap set on eBay from an E38, so would need to be bored out to fit the hub, but full staggered set and they look spot-on, on E39s IMO

However 17s offer a very comfy ride too and will be direct fit

Yeah i noticed the cb too and not keen on adapters.

Turns out my wheels and lowering plans are on hold. The 306 will be going to scrapyard heaven so need to buy another motor for wor lass.

The e39 will have to wait now...FFS!!!!

Confirmed tonight my current Parallels are not staggered! Gutted! They do look pretty good still though.

52 minutes ago, Motor84 said:

Confirmed tonight my current Parallels are not staggered! Gutted! They do look pretty good still though.

Keep em & refurb them ;)