1_133.jpg

1_136.jpg

1_135.jpg

1_130.jpg

1_131.jpg

1_132.jpg

VW Tiguan R-Line.

I went for the most powerful engine in the range, the 240bhp 2.0 twin turbo diesel.

on top of the standard R-Line spec i opted for the larger infotainment screen, surround view, keyless entry and start, electric tailgate and extra speakers.

Had it since the 8th of March and i love it. Handles like a hot hatch and goes pretty well too.

The 240 R-Line is only available with the 7 speed DSG gearbox and it's such a relief to be back in an auto after 2 years in a manual.

Edited by Paddy O'Furniture

Great looking SUV Paddy.

Better looking and probably better screwed together than the current X1.

I quite fancy the 150 bhp 1.4 tsi DSG. 

Keep us updated especially regarding the DSG box which I have heard have had issues.

Thanks Mr Mad.

I'm not really familiar with the X1, but yes, IMO the Tiguan in R-Line trim is the best looking SUV out there at the moment.

With regards to the DSG, I've seen a few reports of problems but I'm not overly worried as it will be gone in 2 years, so any problems will be covered by the warranty.

Edited by Paddy O'Furniture

Quite the looker - usually not too fond of so called 'SUVs' myself, but VW have done a nice job here. The side profile is very X5-esque IMO, which is no bad thing. 

Lets hope it gives you many trouble-free miles. Enjoy it!

8 hours ago, sshooie said:

Looks nice, get it off the pavement before it gets keyed!!

Haven't got any choice unfortunately, very narrow street with cars everywhere.  It's a cul-de-sac so not too bad. 

We're getting the gravel area in front of the house block paved shortly so it will be parked on there.