Loadmaster

E39 540i Sport - Delivery at Last!

large.20180421_193425_HDR.jpg.b27242905388597ebdba23200be31cbf.jpglarge.20180421_193440_HDR.jpg.f8a23c3730cbed95f54b62d66a82abef.jpglarge.20180421_193501_HDR.jpg.f374c8f63c09c55295b01529c2c47e91.jpglarge.20180421_193451_HDR.jpg.4e8d3574e15d58458cc6a34284ca2b13.jpglarge.20180421_193410_HDR.jpg.032a744ae8861d52401cd9334fc6dd41.jpglarge.20180421_193357_HDR.jpg.1793b8931ef3bedf7874ade005b8de01.jpgAfter many weeks, mainly due to the DVLA dragging their heels to correct theur mistake, the 540 finally becomes mine. It's bloody awesome, its immaculate, it looks the mutt's nuts and it's mine! Gave it a rinse and drove it around, just to get used to it! More later, and a few questions from me no doubt.

Oh God she is beautiful! Congratulations! Show us interior pictures! 

31 minutes ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

Very nice. Just needs some style 37's.

Paras?

Stunning! Glad it all finally came together even though it sounds like it came close to not happening.

Relief for me too that I don’t need to go through the dilemma of selling your old car back to you :-) 

I hope you have many happy miles in the new one. 

That is like sexual chocolate! 8) 

Ignore the shouts of Style 37s (the most abused, boring and sheep-like alloys known to E39s IMO); keep it OEM/stock/original and love driving it

It looks a stunning car and all credit top you going for it ;) 

12 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Ignore the shouts of Style 37s (the most abused, boring and sheep-like alloys known to E39s IMO); keep it OEM/stock/original and love driving it

^^This, keep the style 66's, whilst I admit style 37's do look good on a sport it's been done to death IMO, leave it alone.

I wonder which yakuza member that used to belong to? 

Very nice thought! 8) 

I’ve said it before and I’ll Say it again, If BMW still made the E39 today there would be a brand spanking new one on my drive as we speak!

IMO the E39 was and is the best car BMW have ever made! 

Yes, yes things have improved and what not but the general overall quality has dipped since the E39! 

You stick your E39 next to a E60 and watch how many bad comments the E60 gets compared to your E39! 

You stick a f10 next to your E39 and watch how many people won’t even comment on the F10....

then the G....

well all they will say there is, the G series is far to big and the E39 looks the better car! :D 

Soooooo when you selling it and when can I buy it from you? ;) 

Edited by Yokozuna

7 hours ago, Vlady said:

Oh God she is beautiful! Congratulations! Show us interior pictures! 

I will do Vlady, probs Monday.

5 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

That is like sexual chocolate! 8) 

It looks a stunning car and all credit top you going for it ;) 

5 hours ago, NWJW said:

^^This, keep the style 66's, whilst I admit style 37's do look good on a sport it's been done to death IMO, leave it alone.

Thanks guys. Undecide as yet and whilst I think 18s on an E39 give the perfect look, I'm more than likely to keep as is. 

7 hours ago, chicaneuk said:

Stunning! Glad it all finally came together even though it sounds like it came close to not happening.

Relief for me too that I don’t need to go through the dilemma of selling your old car back to you :-) 

I hope you have many happy miles in the new one. 

Might be up in Coventry in it on Monday afternoon dropping off daughter back to Warwick. Will you be around?

1 hour ago, Loadmaster said:

Might be up in Coventry in it on Monday afternoon dropping off daughter back to Warwick. Will you be around?

Maybe.. I am in work but have to go out on Monday afternoon for an appointment, so not sure the boss would take too kindly on me sneaking off to go admire cars as well :) I guess drop me a text when you think you're going to be around. Not sure where your daughter is in residences but I'm not actually on central campus but one of the edge ones.. 

1 hour ago, chicaneuk said:

Maybe.. I am in work but have to go out on Monday afternoon for an appointment, so not sure the boss would take too kindly on me sneaking off to go admire cars as well :) I guess drop me a text when you think you're going to be around. Not sure where your daughter is in residences but I'm not actually on central campus but one of the edge ones.. 

Not on campus but on Hearsall Lane. Will catch you next time I'm up there. Not even sure which car will be using, possibly the C1 so that she can drive me up there! :unsure:

4 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Thanks guys. Undecide as yet and whilst I think 18s on an E39 give the perfect look, I'm more than likely to keep as is. 

18 inch alloys do suit the E39s brilliantly, as do 19s IMO, but for all out best/smoothest driving, for me, the 17” Style 66s are the best.

They look great, super easy to clean and great size for tyre prices ;) 

That looks fantastic - congratulations.

Yes some Style 37 (18" parallels) would really finish the car off outside.

I see that facelift Jap specced cars did not have parking sensors front or rear as std

Did you buy through a dealer or import the car yourself? 

Be interested to hear if there are any issues with things like radio frequency etc

Edited by E39mad

3 minutes ago, E39mad said:

That looks fantastic - congratulations.

Yes some Style 37 (18" parallels) would really finish the car off outside.

I see that facelift Jap specced cars did not have parking sensors front or rear as std

Did you buy through a dealer or import the car yourself? 

Be interested to hear if there are any issues with things like radio frequency etc

Just seen that myself!

Something that's a must-have for me TBH

Might you retrofit @Loadmaster