Loadmaster

E39 540i Sport - Delivery at Last!

10 hours ago, NWJW said:

I had a custom cat back stainless system fitted on my 535i by these guys; 

http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/   

They have a huge following in and around South Wales as they REALLY know their stuff when it comes to exhausts. I explained to Charlie what I wanted it to sound like beforehand (deep burble at low revs with a nice growl at high revs!) and he got it absolutely spot on, in fact, I went from the 535i to an M5 and there was very little difference in the sound between them. I had the single tailpipe replaced with a twin 3" tailpipe which I thought gave it a sort of factory but better look. Oh, and I was only charged £350 for the pleasure which I thought was a f'kin bargain! :)

Thanks for the info. And no MOT issues either?

MOT won't pay any attention to an exhaust, as long as the emissions readings are fine etc and there are no 'dangerous' parts (but why should there be)

I had the back box and resonator (the two 'scuba tanks') replaced with a single pipe and original-looking trim for £75 (5 years ago though). No MOT issues so far, and it's added an extra element of entertainment to compensate for the sub-20mpg.

It's not that intrusive on part-throttle, but is pretty loud at full-throttle. The good thing is that if you get the original removed carefully, you can always put it back to standard if you find it a bit much.

FYI @Loadmaster - it'll be this rear box from Schmiedmann that I go for: 

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E39/1938179-new?product=SCM39MTR270

They're a superb company to deal with, not the cheapest but their quality has been superb on everything I've seen from them and they're great to deal with too

Hey,

Nice looking 540i. I'm currently in the process of importing my own 540i from Japan. The cars currently on a ship, on its way. 

I was wondering if you ever got the TV, Sat Nav working? I think you can change the frequency for the TV and maybe update the maps for the Sat Nav? 

Edited by Chris28

On 5/22/2018 at 8:39 PM, Chris28 said:

Hey,

Nice looking 540i. I'm currently in the process of importing my own 540i from Japan. The cars currently on a ship, on its way. 

I was wondering if you ever got the TV, Sat Nav working? I think you can change the frequency for the TV and maybe update the maps for the Sat Nav? 

Hi Chris, sorry for the late response. I'm away in Germany and not getting online too much. No, not really had time yet to consider the TV and sat nav issue but it is on the to do list at some point. 

When does yours arrive in the UK?

Edited by Loadmaster

Mine arrives on June 21st. Not sure how long it will take to get registered and MOT’d. Though hopefully not too long as I’m dying to drive it!

Heres my thread on the car;

Fantastic looking car - well done - that should last a good few years... :)

Love the back drop - used to have to travel to 1 City Place a few years back for monthly team meetings... thankfully that's no longer a journey I have to do... ;) 

On 5/25/2018 at 11:53 AM, Seesure said:

Fantastic looking car - well done - that should last a good few years... :)

Love the back drop - used to have to travel to 1 City Place a few years back for monthly team meetings... thankfully that's no longer a journey I have to do... ;) 

Was that when it was BT? I don't work in City Place, just around the corner, but the Beehive Terminal and modern City Place buildings are, as you say, a good backdrop for car and bike pics. Very quiet around there 'out of hours' so no other people or cars to get in the way.

Quite a long way from the Forest of Dean!

Edited by Loadmaster

On 4/22/2018 at 12:00 AM, Yokozuna said:

I wonder which yakuza member that used to belong to? 

I just looked up the meaning of 'Yakuza'...!

:ph34r: :o

1 hour ago, Loadmaster said:

Was that when it was BT? I don't work in City Place, just around the corner, but the Beehive Terminal and modern City Place buildings are, as you say, a good backdrop for car and bike pics. Very quiet around there 'out of hours' so no other people or cars to get in the way.

Quite a long way from the Forest of Dean!

Yep...Used to be quite useful for holiday parking... 

Edited by Seesure