Pete Soulby

Wheel cleaner

For really soiled wheels, Bilt Hamber Autowheel. I spray it on the dry wheel without even rinsing off the worst, in order to avoid diluting the cleaner. Let dwell for a couple of minutes and pressure wash off. Obviously I follow up with soapy water but, in fairness, this is hardly needed.

For less soiled wheels, I have some Meguiars Wheel Brightener that i bought a few litres of years ago. It goes diluted into a spray bottle.

For hardly dirty wheels, I just wash.

In all cases, I wash wheels first, using a separate bucket to the rest of the car wash

Pretty much as above I'd say.

I use Autobrite Very Cherry Wheel Cleaner which works for me but my wheels aren't generally too bad as they are protected and coated so the build up comes off easily.

If you've got really stubborn brake dust it would be worth investing in some "Dragon's Breath" (https://www.valetpro.eu/Wheel-Cleaners/61-/Dragons-Breath) or any form of fallout remover.

Another Bilt Hamber user here. I try and keep my wheels sealed so that car shampoo works for the majority of the time. Its also not good to keep using harsh chemicals if you want to keep your alloys in good condition for as long as possible

I use this stuff and find it to be very good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-Hot-Rims-Wheel-Cleaner/dp/B000A8JD5K/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524131133&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=maguires+alloy+cleaner

However, if you've lots of tar spots; I've used this in the past and it works very well indeed, just don't let it sit or use it in direct sunshine etc: https://www.amazon.co.uk/CarPro-TRIX-Iron-Remover-Retail/dp/B008FQBTF6/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1524131183&sr=1-12&keywords=iron+x

I should add here that BH Korrosol, IronX, BH AutoWheel, Dragon's Breath etc. are all pretty much the same thing which is why they all smell quite foul! I believe the wheel versions are stronger concentrations than the body decontamination ones.

17 hours ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

I use Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner,  mainly because it's acid free. I dilute it 50/50 and it works very well. 

Seconded.

It's been around a long time now and is still hard to beat. The benefit as Paddy mentioned is that you can dilute it to suit how dirty/stained your alloys are.

C.

I use Billberry diluted down but for a proper deep clean it needs to be used neat.  Bilt Hamber gets sprayed on straight from the bottle.

Before

DSCN3800.jpg

Bilt Hamber doing its thing.

DSCN3804.jpg

After.

DSCN3806.jpg