535i Andrew

How to choose a parking spot

As we all have nice cars, we can be right fussy bu%%ers when it comes to finding the right spot to park in.  

Looking for end bays, next to pavements, safe place for the litt'un to get in and out off etc.

On a family trip out to the Riverside Museum in Glasgow, I found the perfect spot.  Drove around the car park until I found a parking bay that I could guarantee that no one would park next to me.

IMG_3648.jpg

Park next to the electric car charging bays.  They are guaranteed to be empty and sure enough, not only were all EIGHT electric charge bays empty but some of the chargers were broken/not working/prevented from being used!

Plenty of room to open the doors and a safe spot for getting the littl'un in and out of her car seat.

8 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

As we all have nice cars, we can be right fussy bu%%ers when it comes to finding the right spot to park in.  

Looking for end bays, next to pavements, safe place for the litt'un to get in and out off etc.

On a family trip out to the Riverside Museum in Glasgow, I found the perfect spot.  Drove around the car park until I found a parking bay that I could guarantee that no one would park next to me.

IMG_3648.jpg

Park next to the electric car charging bays.  They are guaranteed to be empty and sure enough, not only were all EIGHT electric charge bays empty but some of the chargers were broken/not working/prevented from being used!

Plenty of room to open the doors and a safe spot for getting the littl'un in and out of her car seat.

Nice to hear from people as weird as me. My E60 has only 2 tiny dents hardly noticeable to normal human being (and horendous to me) in 10,5 years of my ownership.

Edited by reggie59
typo

4 hours ago, carrman said:

Or alternatively (often plenty of spare electric charging spaces):

IMG_0678.jpeg.54bad0a119010983ebfcc8da5cb8820c.jpeg

(I'm sure I'll get some abuse for this!!)

Well to be fair they don't say they are for the exclusive use of leccie cars. 

Besides where I was two of the charging points weren't working so you couldn't have charged up your Ecoslow mobile anyway so that should be fair game.

Get a V8 parked their pronto!

I saw an X5 parked in a leccy bay the other day and I thought what a cnut, then I noticed the flap on the side wing for then plug, didn't know they did leccy X5's

But tbf if you have done charging then you should move.

I'd be tempted to buy a cable, plug it into the street Dalek then put the other end into the boot or cabin and and charge my phone/laptop.

If it means I get a parking spot....

Where does it say you can't do that? :P

I do the same and almost invariably I get a bloody great 4x4 or pickup parks one side and a big white Tranny (Ford Transit not transvestite) parks the other side.

Some tw@t put a small ding in the passenger door last year. If it was in the driver's door I'd have got it fixed by now as I'd have been looking at it every day. :evil:

2 hours ago, sshooie said:

Sounds like there would be a market for dummy magnetic sockets for this very idea.

Just calling the patent office now...

Oi! That's my idea!

As ive said before ive heard a few women say they cant park using lines because they can't see them when they're on top of them - hence they park next to another car with space around it in order to line up. Doh.

Clearly the person parked next to my car a few months back used my car to find the corner of theirs leaving my freshly painted bumper with a nice scuff and a dent in my wing...:angry:

6 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

Clearly the person parked next to my car a few months back used my car to find the corner of theirs leaving my freshly painted bumper with a nice scuff and a dent in my wing...:angry:

And if you had parked next to the leccie charge bays none of that would have happened! ;)

It wasn't her fault and it's just a car at the end of the day but other person must have been daft not to realise :rolleyes:

it maybe 15 years old but it's still a clean decent car and someone else's property and that deserves respect. 

Some park next to a nice, expensive looking car in their bangers and deliberately open their door into it. Purely motivated by envy. Can you believe it? 

I take ages to find a parking space with minimal chance of others parking next to me. Infuriates my wife, but I can't understand folk who park in between cars when there's a perfectly good space with no other cars for miles. 

A bit further away but a walk is good for your AND your car's bodywork! 

Just to be clear it drives my wife up the wall as well since shes got her new VW - she can park and has exactly the same frustration with crappy parkers. 

However at the end of the day unless you've got your own car park its just a risk you run. Possible damage by dealership "valets" is equally annoying. 

On 18/04/2018 at 10:49 PM, Caesar said:

Some park next to a nice, expensive looking car in their bangers and deliberately open their door into it. Purely motivated by envy. Can you believe it? 

That worries me about the behaviour of some people. It is not just about expensive cars but any car that it looks someone cares about. 

Arguably some wealthy folk would care less as they may not be emotionally attached to their car, but someone who has spent many hours restoring and caring for a cherished vehicle may well be very upset...

Yes I have been there :(