Sign in to follow this  
gbshahaq

Pointless BMW accessory of the week

LOL really useful for when you've spent a few hours trailblazing around the forest riding through dirt, mud and animal droppings.... 

Sort of defeats the whole idea of having a tourer to ferry the family around in comfort...

Not having a tourer this tends to be way my bike gets shipped around.... LOL bloody wind resistance though....

DSC_0023.thumb.JPG.0a4752e380243da6f3fa282b24016e3f.JPG

Is it pointless? Say you want to go road cycling for the weekend  and want your very expensive bike under lock and key. Kind of makes sense. 

I dont do bikes so not a product I personally need but see it's use. 

39 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

Is it pointless? Say you want to go road cycling for the weekend  and want your very expensive bike under lock and key. Kind of makes sense. 

I agree. I wouldn't want to leave my road bike on the roof whilst I was in the services unattended. This would make sense in this situation but as @Seesure comments not really very good for a MTB.

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Surely owning and therefore driving a BMW means you don't need a push bike in your life?;)

I used mine to go to the dentist today. The level of sweat induced by a very short trip with a couple of hills shows I should use it more. Or give up ...

8 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Fine - keep it in the boot, but you don't need a sodding rack. Just a couple of tie downs. I genuinely don't see the point - wheels have to come off and get stored behind front seats, parcel shelf has to come out. And 300 quid poorer

2 hours ago, gbshahaq said:

I genuinely don't see the point 

No nor do I, why cycle when you have a nice BMW to drive and you know, stay warm, stay dry, keep your internal organs where nature intended........

28 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

No nor do I, why cycle when you have a nice BMW to drive and you know, stay warm, stay dry, keep your internal organs where nature intended........

You missed one, you have a nice BMW to drive, stay warm, stay dry, keep your internal organs where nature intended AND run bicyclest’s over with! 

Your welcome ;) 

2 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

AND run bicyclest’s over with! 

Your welcome ;) 

No, after driving an E60 for years with an aluminium front end, a cyclists crank would go thru your front wing like a tin opener. 

joking....