I can taste the Diesel in the air from here! :angry:

Wondering how long the bottom end and pistons hold up at those power levels.
Or are they just built that tough?

53 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

I can taste the Diesel in the air from here! :angry:

Wondering how long the bottom end and pistons hold up at those power levels.
Or are they just built that tough?

They're just built that tough. The M57 diesel REALLY takes the abuse well. That's pretty damn clean for a 200BHP increase in power, you get similar out of the back of most petrols when they're on a dyno. Not soot like a diesel, but you get some obvious gasses in the air. Nothing loads a car up like a dyno does.

Well it's quite misleading that the headline is 530d when this engine has two turbos like 535d. This would be nice if it only had a single turbo, though the turbo lag would make the engine not so suitable for normal driving. On 535d 500 hp mark has been broken and even more can be get with methanol/water injection and NOS-system. Then of course we have to consider upgrading the auto gearbox to withstand these higher torque figures. It's a never ending story. I personally prefer lower figures with smooth and predictable power produce over high figure monsters.

I couldn't' imagine the standard single turbo giving that kid of output, it would need to be much bigger with a larger intercooler (unless methanol sprayed onto the cooler was used). It would have horrendous lag..

What someone needs to do with a 400bhp+ 535d, put an oval 520d tailpipe on it.. That would confuse a few knowledgeable 5 series owners at the traffic light GP :lol:

1 hour ago, Blobby said:

I couldn't' imagine the standard single turbo giving that kid of output, it would need to be much bigger with a larger intercooler (unless methanol sprayed onto the cooler was used). It would have horrendous lag..

What someone needs to do with a 400bhp+ 535d, put an oval 520d tailpipe on it.. That would confuse a few knowledgeable 5 series owners at the traffic light GP :lol:

:lol: