carrman

530e - fully charged range monitor thread

On 6/11/2018 at 7:49 AM, carrman said:

What petrol prices are we seeing at the moment?

Took notice today ! and unleaded 95 is €1.55 at Carrefour supermarket and €1.677 at a local Total garage.

Fully charged I'm only seeing 19 miles on the dash. It started with 21/22 when I had it 3 weeks ago. Local journeys are very hilly so that may be a reason. However it was showing 19 again this morning after a full charge, 6 miles to train station early this morning (lots of uphill), lights on, no heating, no radio. Return journey of 7 miles via shop, again with lights but heating and radio on also (mostly downhill)...now showing zero electric miles. 13 miles? Not impressed. All in eco-pro by the way

When it was warmer mine showed 24 miles, these days it dropped to 21 (with heating, radio and lights on), never drive in eco-pro, only in either max e-drive comfort, auto edrive comfort or lately in max e-drive sport individual (everything set to comfort) to get the digital speedometer (i don't have HUD) ... my journey is 19 miles and can do it all the way in max edrive.
It isn't very accurate in estimating the remaining electric miles, it can drop 10 miles after just doing about 4.

On your return journey, try using comfort or sport (both in max edrive) ... I'm still new to the 530e but it seems like the regen/charge is much better in these modes compared to eco pro where its mainly coasting.  

Edited by Hybrid5

11 hours ago, Hybrid5 said:

When it was warmer mine showed 24 miles, these days it dropped to 21 (with heating, radio and lights on), never drive in eco-pro, only in either max e-drive comfort, auto edrive comfort or lately in max e-drive sport individual (everything set to comfort) to get the digital speedometer (i don't have HUD) ... my journey is 19 miles and can do it all the way in max edrive.
It isn't very accurate in estimating the remaining electric miles, it can drop 10 miles after just doing about 4.

On your return journey, try using comfort or sport (both in max edrive) ... I'm still new to the 530e but it seems like the regen/charge is much better in these modes compared to eco pro where its mainly coasting.  

I was about to reply to 1stBimmer saying something similar. Surely eco pro favours coasting instead of regen and depending on the drive could actually be less efficient from a range perspective? Sounds counter-intuitive mind you.

I find you have to think about the settings and adjust accordingly. I have a long gentle downward motorway slope, and coasting in Eco pro is better than straight regen, and it's possible to make the e range rise due to the distance covered with power off. There's never a dull moment with so much to tweak...

Connected Drive encourages use of eco-pro for ultimate economy. But 13 miles? I've made an executive decision, I'm not going to ponder on it too much. I'll charge it every day but sport mode across the board from now on :evil:

I've configured Eco pro so it basically gives me coasting and higher gears when it can. I leave heating and a.c. as I would normally want them. As I say, I basically switch between modes as I believe will work best for the situation at hand.