duncan-uk

Vac hose for 530d. How many metres?

Replaced mine 3 yrs ago. Spoke to the parts guys at Cotswold who in turn consulted one of the techs. The following was on my invoice:

(Part numbers with the number of metres supplied)

11727545323  -  4 metres

11747797050 -  1 metre

11731261489 -  T piece for the engine mounts' vacuum supply (the old one crumbled during disassembly)

11151276486 -  1 metre

11657796879 -  2 metres

11747797129 -  1 metre

Seemed sufficient & don't recall being short of any at the time....but it was 3 yrs ago.

Hope this helps.

Edited by DepthHoar

Just to back that up, looking through my eBay invoices, I bought a 10m spool of vacuum hose to do all of mine - and having done all the lines, including the ones to the engine mounts, I still have a fair amount left.

I still don't know how you get to connect the hoses to the engine mounts in situ. It looks impossible.

2 hours ago, stevecvo said:

I still don't know how you get to connect the hoses to the engine mounts in situ. It looks impossible.

Remove the connector on the mount first. Or can't you remove the connectors?

You need hands like a child to get in between the engine mount and the brackets which hold them to the chassis in order to remove the connectors. I replaced my mounts which involves detaching the brackets from the chassis but at that time I did not have any new hose to replace what was there.