Misterbish

Track Rod Ends - are they really different

Hi all

Can anyone confirm if the track rod ends are all the same for E60, i brought a couple with the intention of fitting Sunday afternoon and have already booked it in to get tracked first thing Monday before i head off to work.

Looking at the listing on Ebay  in the description is just lists 5 series 2003 to 2010 and i brought off that information alone, but i just did a ebay compatibility check and it came up as i doesnt fit my car, RealOEM seems to back this up also.

I haven't had chance to jack the car up and look myself because of wet weather and shift patterns im on at the moment.

I'm pretty sure they're all the same. I bought some Delphi ones and they were listed as suitable for all E60/E61's.

The steering racks are pretty much interchangeable across all models too, except for the difference between normal and active steering.

That listing is for Xdrive models and this site confirms that too.  https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en_US/article/febi/32021

The Febi part for RWD E60s is 27204  https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en/article/febi/27204 

Hopefully they fit, but the ball joint part seems longer on the RWD version, the threads are the same size though. 

Edited by Deviant

Thanks for all the help guys, i will feed back tomorrow once i try and fit them, just my luck its going to be a wet one for a change.

Replaced both track rod ends this afternoon, they looked identical to the old ones, the only difference was the length of the ball joint thread that attaches to the front hub, it was at least 10 mm shorter than the ones that came off, but once tightened up it did protrude above the nut by a few mm so i'm happy with it.

Its booked in for a front wheel alignment in the morning.