535i Andrew

Resetting oil service - Kuga

Thanks to Arnold Clark living up to their usual sloppy standards of workmanship and poor quality control procedures, I had to reset the oil service warning in my wife's Ford Kuga Mk2.

To do this.

Get in the car,

shut all doors

switch ignition on,

press brake and throttle pedal at the same time and hold for 20 seconds while the dash tells you that it is going thru a reset procedure.

take both feet off both pedals, job done.

Why can't the BMW be as easy as this?

4 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Thanks to Arnold Clark living up to their usual sloppy standards of workmanship and poor quality control procedures, I had to reset the oil service warning in my wife's Ford Kuga Mk2.

My Wife also has a Kuga, and will be due a service and MOT in May.  I'll need to remember to ask about this, as I have no doubt that Parks in Inverness won't be far ahead of Arnold Clark!!

My siter has a 2012 Polo from Uncle Arnold .. it has 5500 miles on it ( it hardly gets used )

1st MOT they put down it had 8900miles .. it actually had 1900 miles .. the MOT guy said he thought it an error so upped it ..not sure what his thinking was but it cant be changed .. no apology

2nd MOT .. correct mileage put done 2111 miles ..they questioned her though on why so low .. any abnormal behaviour from dashboard etc !!!

3rd MOT .. 4900 miles .. all ok but still they questioned it

a mth ago a gearbox light flickered on and off so she took it in left it over night .. came back next day and they said it needed a new gearbox at a massive cost . She declined for a 2nd opinion and they brought the car round .. no gearbox light and the guy who seemed oblivious to the replacement box chat said it was an error that was cleared ( something to do with a solenoid that had been soaked by a deep puddle but was defo OK ) ..anyway becaue she took it away ( and its going fine ) but they have taken away her free servicing and MOTs and are marking in the system this situation.

Further to that her husband went out that night to top up the windscreen washers and the fuse box cover has been gaffa taped shut as its been snapped .. now i know my sister and her husband and they are limited to washer fluid .. anything else they just get done at a garage .. no interest in cars but as long as they go .. so it was defo Arnold Clark .. they didnt want to know , not interested .. their men are skilled tradesmen who wouldnt employ gaffa tape to fix it .. i wouldnt let them do anything to my car