bigfella9852

BMW 530i SE e39 ONLY 45K from New! Rare Example in Pristine Condition

Yes that is right, this late 2002 BMW e39 530i SE has just 45K on the clock from new!  It has only had 2 previous owners and has been used occasionally and maintained to a very high standard regardless of cost.  You can see in the photos, the extensive paperwork and receipts.  The spare key has remained unused, the BMW rechargeable torch works, the cup holders work as they should, the rear view mirror auto dimming works correctly and the rear luggage compartment straps are present.

I have listed on eBay classifieds:

CLICKY

1 hour ago, eamo said:

Thank you, 6 for sale on there.  Lets round that up to 10, no 15 in the whole country.  The ones advertised on your link in my opinion are either older or lower spec (520, 523 etc) which is why a 530i will generally command a higher price.

Sorry for digressing, but I'd say that is pretty rare old chap.

1 hour ago, eamo said:

Why is it rare?

Not the place for this kind of discussion IMO

If you're interested in the car, fine, ask away, if you're trying to pick holes, do it via PM or over in E39 tech chat/general chat etc...! :roll: 

Each to their own when it comes to selling cars and prices. However, the OP started a useful thread re this and he's priced it on the back of that discussion... ;) 

Didn’t say it was or wasn’t rare

was just trying to understand why OP says  it’s rare. 

But it when it boils down to it a 530i se wasn’t exactly a rare car say compared to an e30 m3 or an Alpina or champagne edition or an individual colour 

20 minutes ago, eamo said:

Didn’t say it was or wasn’t rare

was just trying to understand why OP says  it’s rare. 

But it when it boils down to it a 530i se wasn’t exactly a rare car say compared to an e30 m3 or an Alpina or champagne edition or an individual colour 

Thank you for your input and the additional free bumpage.  If we could now move on....

33 minutes ago, chicaneuk said:

Seems an extremely reasonable price given the mileage, and some of the recent work undertaken. Good luck with the sale!

Cheers, thank you.

I am surprised at the number of watchers it has already - quite astounding.

11 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Good luck, price seems very sensible to me. Wouldn't surprise me if one of a couple of well known dealers snapped it up and then slap a huge margin on it.

Thanks, that is an interesting point you make there.

This would look very nice on the drive beside my F10 - I'd probably drive it more often too!  Cracking car - lovely condition, nice interior, low miles and a fair bit of recent maintenance done.  Personally, if I was looking for one of these, I'd snap it up.  You could get cheaper sure, but you can't retro fit low mileage and cosseting from new - plus if a few of the usual jobs need done on a cheaper one, you'll be surprised how quickly your expenditure will exceed the asking price of this car.  Ask me how I know!!

Good luck with the sale mate - I don't think you'll be waiting long.

On 13/04/2018 at 2:36 PM, Calypso-E34 said:

This would look very nice on the drive beside my F10 - I'd probably drive it more often too!  Cracking car - lovely condition, nice interior, low miles and a fair bit of recent maintenance done.  Personally, if I was looking for one of these, I'd snap it up.  You could get cheaper sure, but you can't retro fit low mileage and cosseting from new - plus if a few of the usual jobs need done on a cheaper one, you'll be surprised how quickly your expenditure will exceed the asking price of this car.  Ask me how I know!!

Good luck with the sale mate - I don't think you'll be waiting long.

Thanks indeed, you've hit the nail on the head with your comment. My sentiments entirely, it wouldn't be unique if I was selling it in 2003 - but 15 years on cars like this are unique.

I might well have someone coming to look at the car, watch this space...

1 minute ago, Bullvine said:

Can’t seem to see a price on here or what the bids are at on eBay am I being a tool ?

Price is clear on the listing. It’s a classified listing, so no bidding or buy it now. 

If if you’re interested, you just contact the vendor. 

Just now, Calypso-E34 said:

Price is clear on the listing. It’s a classified listing, so no bidding or buy it now. 

If if you’re interested, you just contact the vendor. 

Thanks, I have listed it with the option of making an offer.

54 minutes ago, bigfella9852 said:

Price lowered further for a quick(er) sale.

I’d be wary of doing this so early in play. That’s two reductions in a week now, and some out there will take that as desperation, or will just sit and see how low it goes. 

If if you want it gone, work out the minimum you’ll take, price it 5 to 8% above that to allow for a haggle,  then leave it alone. 

You need a particular buyer buyer for this remember, so hold your nerve. An ad on a dedicated classic website might be a good idea too. 

Thanks for that, yes I know - I am not desperate at all.  But I have set my sights on it going now, perhaps a bit impatient, but I would hope that it will entice some more buyers.

I have also listed it on Car and Classic.