bigfella9852

BMW 530i SE e39 ONLY 45K from New! Rare Example in Pristine Condition

19 hours ago, Calypso-E34 said:

I’d be wary of doing this so early in play. That’s two reductions in a week now, and some out there will take that as desperation, or will just sit and see how low it goes. 

If if you want it gone, work out the minimum you’ll take, price it 5 to 8% above that to allow for a haggle,  then leave it alone. 

You need a particular buyer buyer for this remember, so hold your nerve. An ad on a dedicated classic website might be a good idea too. 

Get rid of that F10 and buy this, and run it into the ground.

1 hour ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Get rid of that F10 and buy this, and run it into the ground.

You just KNOW I have actually seriously considered this!! :D

34 minutes ago, bigfella9852 said:

Is an F10 a real BMW?! :lol:

Oh yes.... modern, but real. 

Just spent the last 90 minutes changing back to the summer wheels, and I can tell you - they are heavy bastards with those concrete tyres. 

On 4/8/2018 at 11:29 AM, d_a_n1979 said:

Not the place for this kind of discussion IMO

If you're interested in the car, fine, ask away, if you're trying to pick holes, do it via PM or over in E39 tech chat/general chat etc...! :roll: 

Each to their own when it comes to selling cars and prices. However, the OP started a useful thread re this and he's priced it on the back of that discussion... ;) 

Well said Dan ! there's no need for nit picking on an open forum

Nice car bud and although a popular car I would have to agree a rarity in the condition it is now

Best colour and wheels for an SE, but then I would say that ;) 

Also re the F10, don't some say they are the "proper" successor to an E39?

17 hours ago, Captain Beaky said:

Well said Dan ! there's no need for nit picking on an open forum

Nice car bud and although a popular car I would have to agree a rarity in the condition it is now

Many thanks,  had quite a lot of interest so far.

9 hours ago, DirtyHarry88 said:

I know the feeling. Don't have to be in a rush to sell but once your mind is set on selling a car you don't want it hanging around.

Looks a cracking buy.

Thanks, it certainly is!

It's a very nice car and a good price currently at £3750.

My helpfully-intended comment is that it might help prospective buyers take the plunge & speed up the sale if you display the reg number.

I don't like it when Traders blank-out the reg number in the photos.

It prevents me looking up the MOT history and makes me think they have something to hide, so I move on.

I genuinely don't know if there's a good reason for not showing the reg, anyone help me with that?

Good Luck

45 minutes ago, RonB said:

It's a very nice car and a good price currently at £3750.

My helpfully-intended comment is that it might help prospective buyers take the plunge & speed up the sale if you display the reg number.

I don't like it when Traders blank-out the reg number in the photos.

It prevents me looking up the MOT history and makes me think they have something to hide, so I move on.

I genuinely don't know if there's a good reason for not showing the reg, anyone help me with that?

Good Luck

Some people are concerned over people using other number plates for bad things etc...

I personally don't cover mine and like you, will use the reg to check MOT history, but it certainly won't make me move on without even considering it, I'd just send the seller a private message to ask for it etc

10 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Some people are concerned over people using other number plates for bad things etc...

I personally don't cover mine and like you, will use the reg to check MOT history, but it certainly won't make me move on without even considering it, I'd just send the seller a private message to ask for it etc

Yes I will happily reveal the number plate if asked - just not showing it to the masses as I know cars are cloned to commit crimes etc.

Annnnyyywaaaay, its academic now as it sold earlier today.  Sad to see it go, the buyer was very happy.

Thanks to all those in support.  Great forum.

Good to hear you got it sold. Did you get close to your asking price and is the new owner on these forums?

13 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Good to hear you got it sold. Did you get close to your asking price and is the new owner on these forums?

Yes I did thank you.

I don't believe they are.