r0ryb

Swirl flap blanking plate size

good morning to you all. Does anyone know what size blanking plates I would need for my 2006 535d as I’m wanting to do this at the same time as my oil change. When I look on eBay they show a 22mm and a 33mm. Any help would be great 

General consensus is they are 33mm but to be sure order both sets and then send the other unused set back, that's what i did and most others do.

Edited by Misterbish

47 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

Bigger 33 mm versions for this engine.

So it’s the 33mm? 

17 minutes ago, Duff said:

Sorry to hijack, but does this mean a 520d M Sport has 22mm?

On 4-pots it's more difficult to say. One tell tale can be if the boost pressure sensor is located on top of intake manifold plenum or at the rear. Usually if sensor is at the rear it has 22 mm flaps and if sensor is on top it has 33 mm flaps.

Clearly many people not interested in apprecitating the hours of work going into this forum and searching for themselves of what has been provided already............but since I'm readind this thread and feel I must........real.oem will tell you and everyone of their cars whether you have piss flaps or not......

Clearly many people not interested in apprecitating the hours of work going into this forum and searching for themselves of what has been provided already............but since I'm readind this thread and feel I must........real.oem will tell you and everyone of their cars whether you have piss flaps or not......

7 minutes ago, RightHandGoose said:

But RealOEM doesn't tell what size version of the flaps is installed.