jwarrens84

E39 PDC Sensor for Sport Bumpers

2 hours ago, jwarrens84 said:

Good morning all

I’m after a PDC sensor for m sport trim bumper.

what have you guys got.

genuine items only

Personally pal; I wouldn't bother with used 'genuine' sensors as they'll probably soon fail

I and quite a few of us have used the PDC sensors from this seller on eBay and they're faultless, at a great price and with a decent warranty:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Front-and-Rear-Parking-Sensor-PDC-Sensor-For-BMW-E39-E53-X5-66216902182/282194906438?hash=item41b4208d46:g:9uoAAOSwTA9X6THs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-X5-3-5-7-SERIES-E39-E53-E86-E85-Z4-PARKING-SENSOR-PDC-SENSOR-66206989068/281820664377?hash=item419dd21239:g:iAIAAOSwe7BWzFX9

I've replaced all the sensors on my current 530i, on my previous 530i and previous E38 728i with these and they never caused any issues at all and fit perfectly!

Damn, nice top tip.

I bought a genuine one off eBay for £15. Replaced the bad one and the system is still failing. I suspect another one is buggered.

I must listen more carefully to the faint ticking.

18 minutes ago, jwarrens84 said:

Damn, nice top tip.

I bought a genuine one off eBay for £15. Replaced the bad one and the system is still failing. I suspect another one is buggered.

I must listen more carefully to the faint ticking.

TBH sometimes the issue travels!

At the price of those new replacements, I replaced them all and bought x2 more as spares, which sit in my tool kit 'just in case' ;) 

It's easy enough to replace them all bar the middle rear 2, so may as well and see how it goes from there

26 minutes ago, jwarrens84 said:

Replaced all of them this morning bar the 2 middle rears ones, and success! My PDC is now alive again.

Brilliant! ;) 

Annoyingly the PDC system started flashing green this weekend. Time to replace the rear middle ones. Is it a peskey job? Semi removal of the rear bumper?

Edited by jwarrens84

7 minutes ago, jwarrens84 said:

Annoyingly the PDC system started flashing green this weekend. Time to replace the rear middle ones. Is it a peaked job? Semi removal of the rear bumper?

No; just take your time undoing everything and you only need to slip the rear bumper off a few inches (unless you've shovel like hands)

Just did the ticking test, nothing from any of the sensors. The long beep is coming from the rear when you switch PDC on with the green flashing light. Got a sneaky feeling it’s the rear middle 2.