sshooie

New car time - decisions decisions

What would you chose, interested to hear reasons for and against too please...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. For ease of answering, they would be all similar spec, age (15 plate ish) all 6 pot, all auto.

• BMW 535 touring
    • BMW 435 Grand Coupe
    • Audi 6 Avant 4wd
    • Audi A7 4wd
    • Mercedes CLS estate
    • VW Touareg (curve-ball)

7 hours ago, sshooie said:

I know it's hard to believe but I'm fastly approaching that bracket...

I'm 50

I thought you were only 46 or something.....oh dear, you are indeed approaching Jaaaaaagg ownership age.

You had better add an appropriate Jaaaaagg to that list then.:D

Edited by 535i Andrew

I like driving my Dad's XF but the truly horrible infotainment system is what would put me off ever owning one. In fairness, as I am sadly in the correct age bracket, that is the only thing that would put me off.

Slightly different but a friend had an X type (not a real Jag I know) and the system failed, this also controlled heating ventilation etc. and the cost was c£900 and that was quite a few years ago.

The systems in the new jags do remind me of some ching chong cobbled together Raspberry Pi system.

I am not correct age for the Jag but I would consider to buy one if it had better infotainment system and better built interior! Never drove one but everyone says it's superb, agile and compliant the same time! Got to take one for a test drive! :)

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

I am not correct age for the Jag but I would consider to buy one if it had better infotainment system and better built interior! 

The car with better infotainment and interior is made and its called... a 5 Series BMW :-) 

When I got my first F10, I remember saying to anyone that cared to listen that I couldn't see myself driving anything else ever again and whilst I see other cars that take my fancy I keep coming back to this point. For the money, I can't seem to find anything that has the same combination of quality, comfort and driver engagement.