Sign in to follow this  
mumbojumbo

E39 boot lid

Mines rotten, so i'll need a fresh one. I bought a used one but it got bashed about in transit, so what my best options for buying a new one? Dealer only?

Took me 4 months of constant searching to get a clean Un.  Even then when rubbed down it had s fair dink in the top edge that had been filled in with filler. My spray guy pulled it out before spraying. 

It's been 2 years since it was sprayed and it is still in my parents shed waiting to be fitted!  

Will have to be soon as the original is rotting to hell.

8 minutes ago, bigrigbri said:

Took me 4 months of constant searching to get a clean Un.  Even then when rubbed down it had s fair dink in the top edge that had been filled in with filler. My spray guy pulled it out before spraying. 

It's been 2 years since it was sprayed and it is still in my parents shed waiting to be fitted!  

Will have to be soon as the original is rotting to hell.

Come on and get on with this already.... :lol:

Raymond thanks for the encouragement but the loom needs mending also for the boot so it will have to be a dry day when the wife's at work and I don't have to do the school run.

cheers guys, tempted to get a Japanese one with the shorter number plate recess after some googling

I have one on the silver AC Schnitzer car, with spoiler holes